The Grand Duchy of Dvorak Bellator IX is a large, safe nation, notable for its state-planned economy, restrictive gun laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 73 million Dvorak Bellator IXians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The medium-sized, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 32.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The basket case Dvorak Bellator IXian economy, worth 854 billion Deneroes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Trout Farming, Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Furniture Restoration. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 11,699 Deneroes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dvorak Bellator IX's national animal is the English Mastiff, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dvorak Bellator IX's influence in From The End fell from "Apprentice" to "Squire".
- : Dvorak Bellator IX's influence in From The End rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Dvorak Bellator IX's influence in From The End rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Dvorak Bellator IX's influence in From The End rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Dvorak Bellator IX's influence in From The End rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Dvorak Bellator IX was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Authoritarian and the Top 5% for Most Extreme, Most Ignorant Citizens, Most Income Equality, and Most Conservative.
- : Dvorak Bellator IX altered its national flag.
- : Dvorak Bellator IX applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Dvorak Bellator IX relocated from The Pacific to From The End.
- : Dvorak Bellator IX was founded in The Pacific.