The Democratic Republic of DUSHIGNTON is a large, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, irreverence towards religion, and absence of drug laws. The hard-working, democratic population of 91 million DUSHIGNTONians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The tiny, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 9.0%.
The DUSHIGNTONian economy, worth 5.27 trillion Western eurs a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Soda Sales industry, with major contributions from Pizza Delivery, Uranium Mining, and Retail. Average income is 57,943 Western eurs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.2 times as much as the poorest.
All recreational drugs are legal, libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region, and nudity is frowned upon. Crime is relatively low. DUSHIGNTON's national animal is the bears, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : DUSHIGNTON's influence in The Union of Democratic States rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : DUSHIGNTON's influence in The Union of Democratic States rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : DUSHIGNTON's influence in The Union of Democratic States rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : DUSHIGNTON was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector and Largest Pizza Delivery Sector and the Top 10% for Highest Drug Use, Fattest Citizens, and Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in DUSHIGNTON, nudity is frowned upon.
- : DUSHIGNTON was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : DUSHIGNTON relocated from The Global Union Consortium to The Union of Democratic States.
- : DUSHIGNTON relocated from The Union of Democratic States to The Global Union Consortium.
- : Following new legislation in DUSHIGNTON, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region.
- : Following new legislation in DUSHIGNTON, libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars.