|Leader||High Emperor Dhumesdae|
|Faith||Order of the Free Masons|
The Grand Empire of Durzan is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by High Emperor Dhumesdae with a fair hand, and notable for its public floggings, keen interest in outer space, and compulsory gun ownership. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 8.452 billion Durzanians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Retha Unin. The average income tax rate is 28.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Durzanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,536 trillion Maurcs a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 181,837 Maurcs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
Trails to natural wonders are littered with trash from reality film crews, barbed wire entanglements and guard towers surround the Retha Unin Natural History Museum, group hugs break out during floor votes, and unpackaged foodstuffs rot on store shelves. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Durzan's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Order of the Free Masons.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Durzan was reclassified from "Corporate Bordello" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Durzan, unpackaged foodstuffs rot on store shelves.
- : Durzan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Confederation of Corrupt Dictators"".
- : Durzan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Civil Defence Siren".
- : Following new legislation in Durzan, group hugs break out during floor votes.
- : Following new legislation in Durzan, barbed wire entanglements and guard towers surround the Retha Unin Natural History Museum.
- : Following new legislation in Durzan, trails to natural wonders are littered with trash from reality film crews.
- : Following new legislation in Durzan, blackface performers claim they are being deliberately ironic.
- : Durzan was reclassified from "Capitalist Paradise" to "Corporate Bordello".
- : Durzan lodged a message on the Nations of The Light Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: None.