The Commonwealth of Dursto is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Deva Liao with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.622 billion Durstoans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Welfare, Social Policy, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ketaeo City. The average income tax rate is 70.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Durstoan economy, worth 179 trillion Quailas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an impressive 110,554 Quailas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Theoretical science is only theoretical, buses are widely regarded as the safest way to travel, bike rage is all the rage, and kids are arrested at gunpoint for playing with toy rifles. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dursto's national animal is the Aardvark, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Dursto, kids are arrested at gunpoint for playing with toy rifles.
- : Following new legislation in Dursto, bike rage is all the rage.
- : Dursto was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Dursto, buses are widely regarded as the safest way to travel.
- : Following new legislation in Dursto, theoretical science is only theoretical.
- : Following new legislation in Dursto, all guns must be registered.
- : Following new legislation in Dursto, journalists giggle uncontrollably while reporting the nation's drug bonfires.
- : Dursto was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector and the Top 10% for Most Developed.
- : Following new legislation in Dursto, cars speed down national highways while drivers sleep at the wheel.
- : Following new legislation in Dursto, fashion models are guaranteed to be 100% genuinely as anorexic as they appear on magazine covers.