|Leader||President Toivo Kallionpää|
The People's Republic of Duravia is a huge, cultured nation, ruled by President Toivo Kallionpää with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, compulsory military service, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic population of 766 million Duravians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Durapolis. The average income tax rate is 83.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Duravian economy, worth 83.2 trillion Duravian dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 108,562 Duravian dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Companies struggle to cover for the hordes of employees on parental leave, the government only invests in infrastructure after a natural disaster, pausing for applause during a speech is seen as a form of censorship, and citizens cannot change their light bulbs without approval from an international committee. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Duravia's national animal is the bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Duravia endorsed The United Socialist States of Weltrepublik.
- : Duravia was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Weltrepublik.
- : Following new legislation in Duravia, citizens cannot change their light bulbs without approval from an international committee.
- : Following new legislation in Duravia, pausing for applause during a speech is seen as a form of censorship.
- : Duravia lodged a message on the The Internationale Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Duravia, the government only invests in infrastructure after a natural disaster.
- : Following new legislation in Duravia, companies struggle to cover for the hordes of employees on parental leave.
- : Duravia changed its national motto to "We have to look to the future, not to the past.".
- : Following new legislation in Duravia, the nation's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas.
- : Duravia changed its national leader to "President Toivo Kallionpää".
Endorsements Received: 80 » New Qarmatia, Ainares, Mesopoto, Saltspring Island, Reddit R Atheism, Esgeirimmen, Fairfax Soviet Republic, Andakeristan, Doultrenia, Albania 3, Neues Weildland, Pertsjan, Subspacia, Bhaarot, Tvedt, Karlos, Upcrus, Choveynia, Vamia Adzukind, Anarcho Syndicalist Korea, Restart, Bohstavia, Medlidande, Clania Miyal, Rooseve1t, Absurd Land, Islati Scyia, Golinistan, Attempted Socialism, Minahasa, Rhedaria, Bihastria, Democratic Manceff, Zerphen, Weaventingost, SpottieOttieDopaliscious, Moqraine, El Rift, Quigon, Suthseaxe, Alworno, East Nazareth, The Mighty River, Bernieland Republic, Bunkaiia, Boscoism, Cor Cada, The Midwestern Union for Prosperity, Darfaria, Tisagan, and 30 others.Bladelandia, Soberanos-Socialistas, Choigzonion, Sovirizst, Greater Armenian state, Alphonsia, Proletarian, Prozitia, Al-Aezam, Tsaien, Meorlanorde, Ripuaria-Limburg, Neoianistaina, Rainsfield, The Anarchic Collective of Z, Glenbrook, Nova Erie, Ontopia, International Socialist Union, Red Sanguina, Free Willistan, Carrico, Populii, Space Lads, Fiern, Xizhong, Free Caludonia, Nekkko, The American Continentes, and Weltrepublik.