The Constitutional Monarchy of Duke is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Ronald McDonald with an iron fist, and remarkable for its soft-spoken computers, frequent executions, and strictly enforced bedtime. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 6.2 billion Civvieses are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ur. The average income tax rate is 23.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Dukean economy, worth 202 trillion Pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient black market in Cheese Exports, Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Furniture Restoration. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 32,610 Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Genocide is seen as a topic best avoided in history lessons, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest-growing field, train stations can be 'armful places, and young men in tiny bikinis draw neither comment nor stares on the morning commute. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent, thanks to a very well-funded police force. Duke's national animal is the Rampart Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Violetism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Duke's influence in Scandinavia rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Duke's influence in Scandinavia rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Duke's influence in Scandinavia rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Duke's influence in Scandinavia rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Duke's influence in Scandinavia rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Duke's influence in Scandinavia rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Duke changed its national faith to "Violetism".
- : Following new legislation in Duke, young men in tiny bikinis draw neither comment nor stares on the morning commute.
- : Duke was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Following new legislation in Duke, train stations can be 'armful places.