The Quacking Monarchy of Duckstan is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by King Francis with an iron fist, and renowned for its avowedly heterosexual populace, pith helmet sales, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 7.403 billion Duckstanis are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Duckton. The average income tax rate is 48.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Duckstani economy, worth 766 trillion Duckstani Francs a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Woodchip Exports, and Retail. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 103,489 Duckstani Francs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Prison reforms have replaced communal luaus with communal loos, female smokers cut their hair and don suits to get into male-only clubs, the nation's orphanages and maternity wards have been nicknamed 'the Killbot Factories', and 4-year-olds are often found reminiscing about the 'good old days'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Duckstan's national animal is the Duck, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Duckstan was endorsed by The Federation of Zemona.
- : Duckstan was endorsed by The Server-Fighting Sysadmin of The Glorious Hypetrain.
- : Following new legislation in Duckstan, 4-year-olds are often found reminiscing about the 'good old days'.
- : Following new legislation in Duckstan, the nation's orphanages and maternity wards have been nicknamed 'the Killbot Factories'.
- : Following new legislation in Duckstan, female smokers cut their hair and don suits to get into male-only clubs.
- : Following new legislation in Duckstan, prison reforms have replaced communal luaus with communal loos.
- : Following new legislation in Duckstan, the new 'Things We Stole From Other Countries' exhibition at the National Museum of Antiquities is a hit.
- : Duckstan was endorsed by The Glorious Holy Empire of Phoenix Coalition.
- : Duckstan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Treatment of Prisoners".
- : Following new legislation in Duckstan, birth announcements often also serve as death announcements.
Endorsements Received: 32 » Libate, Kantobliv, Fortuna Union, Isansland, Stateazar, The German Kaiserliche Union, Druing, Krackovja, Corydo, Saxemburg, South Acadia, Naasiat Nuna, Neo-Arctica, Kingdom of Sacento, Waroklion, Red Draconia, Kongers, The Southeast Earth, S2p1729, Drawception, Vastronia, Jdjdjd, The Doge Clan, Fusco, Asdersland, Dusendord, Prorescia, Blurabling, Zion Imperium, Lyranna, Northern Blue Star, and Zemona.