The Empire of Dryicor is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Erno Pulkkinen with an even hand, and renowned for its state-planned economy, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The democratic population of 1.529 billion Dryicorans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lindisfarne. The average income tax rate is 68.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Dryicorian economy, worth 76.2 trillion Kronors a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 49,824 Kronors, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Erno Pulkkinen has just been declared ruler of Dryicor in an international press conference, immigrants are required to salute the flag five times a day, geosynchronous satellites are now manned by unpaid interns, and it takes a village to catch a criminal. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dryicor's national animal is the Griffin, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dryicor published "Sir Gorban Smiljić elected UK Deputy Labour leader - ITV News" (Bulletin: News).
- : Dryicor relocated from Krasnaya to Mariner Trench.
- : Dryicor relocated from Mariner Trench to Krasnaya.
- : Dryicor's influence in Mariner Trench rose from "Newcomer" to "Apprentice".
- : Dryicor relocated from Lazarus to Mariner Trench.
- : Dryicor changed its national currency to "Kronor".
- : Dryicor altered its national flag.
- : Dryicor was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Dryicor ceased to exist in Mariner Trench.
- : Dryicor was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.