|Leader||President Colin Harper|
The Free Republic of Drusselstein is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by President Colin Harper with an iron fist, and notable for its museums and concert halls, pith helmet sales, and digital currency. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 4.048 billion Drusselsteinians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Augsburg. The average income tax rate is 73.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Drusselsteinian economy, worth 597 trillion thalers a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 147,674 thalers, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
Business owners return from long vacations to find their factories have been turned into homeless shelters, all-natural foods are becoming a major fad, supermarkets must refund spoilt milk even six months after the sale, and police drones follow every suspected Peeping Tom. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Drusselstein's national animal is the otter, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Drusselstein endorsed The Autonomous status of Municipality of Baria and Vungtau.
- : Drusselstein was endorsed by The Autonomous status of Municipality of Baria and Vungtau.
- : Drusselstein was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Drusselstein, police drones follow every suspected Peeping Tom.
- : Following new legislation in Drusselstein, supermarkets must refund spoilt milk even six months after the sale.
- : Following new legislation in Drusselstein, all-natural foods are becoming a major fad.
- : Following new legislation in Drusselstein, business owners return from long vacations to find their factories have been turned into homeless shelters.
- : Drusselstein endorsed The Republic of Partax.
- : Drusselstein was endorsed by The Republic of Partax.
- : Drusselstein voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Debtor Voting Rights"".
Endorsements Received: 96 » Alunya, Kuveria, Ninjak30, Sunto, Territorio di Nessuno, Corfad, Kwaj, Gladio II, Democritus, Aenglaland, Omnistria, El Fiji Grande, Notyoutopia, The Rhein States, Cloydicia, Shibutani, Sinelona, Siwale, Shin-Hachioji, Diodone, Paradisia Heavenlonia Stralisian Union, Ka Ching, Steraz, Yaorozu, Ozstan, Federation Terra Australis, Uganda Knuckles UK, Sheldanada, Guer Aike, Crown Isles, Selfgradatude, Great Bights Mum, Papika, Sundred, Dreadton, The Black Cathedral, Koda-Land, Dar es Saalam, Newpromisedland, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Ainsworth, Kasazzastan, Frances Francis the First of France, Stat Artha, Bearical, Black Templares, Australiland, Bridgett, General COE, Shadowrik, and 46 others.Unsophisticate, The Sinclarian Provinces, COCONUT-CITY, The Notorious Mad Jack, Pasargad, The United States of Romania, Atain, Malta Comino Gozo, Lunallian, Napnomadia, United Draconia, North Bratislava, Spartoptia, Wineclaw, SillyString, Outer Egorniand, THX1138, The Pantheons, New Pruessen, Buckerino, Mzeusia, New Bremerton, Justanistan, Maovale, Ethnon, Agrauron, Holy Oranz, Zemnaya Svoboda, PlanetPunk, Suicidistan, Xagill, Ara Antrizuls, Humptalumpta, Bayern-Straubing, Thoets, Drathtank, Pallaith, Joodey, Sil Dorsett, 1 very fast endotarter, Wilkshire, Albacria, Amauri, Queen YUNo, Partax, and Municipality of Baria and Vungtau.