|Leader||Prime Minister Bill English|
The Republic of Drongonia is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Prime Minister Bill English with a fair hand, and notable for its pith helmet sales, flagrant waste-dumping, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 3.232 billion Drongonians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The relatively small, corrupt, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Christchurch. The average income tax rate is 29.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Drongonian economy, worth 825 trillion Drongonian Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Tourism. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 255,331 Drongonian Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
The bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Christchurch, the arms industry is strictly regulated, almost all of the nation's water is piped into the country from abroad for exorbitant prices, and the meaning of life was recently discovered in the patch notes for Version 1.42. Crime is totally unknown. Drongonia's national animal is the Drongo, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Drongonia, the meaning of life was recently discovered in the patch notes for Version 1.42.
- : Drongonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector and the Top 10% for Highest Economic Output and Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Drongonia published "[WIP] LGDG.dg - Carterton" (Bulletin: Policy).
- : Following new legislation in Drongonia, almost all of the nation's water is piped into the country from abroad for exorbitant prices.
- : Drongonia published "DGX.dg - MarketWatch Homepage [WIP]" (Account: Trade).
- : Following new legislation in Drongonia, the arms industry is strictly regulated.
- : Following new legislation in Drongonia, the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Christchurch.
- : Following new legislation in Drongonia, elections are won by the candidate who makes the best 'yo mama' jokes.
- : Following new legislation in Drongonia, dozens of viewers go online to hear whether a comma has been added to Clause 5 in Subsection B of Law 58375.
- : Following new legislation in Drongonia, vital intelligence-gathering activities are put on hold as agents return home for seduction training and advanced poker instruction.