The Kingdom of Dratava is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by king Emyr with an iron fist, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, flagrant waste-dumping, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 2.694 billion Dratavans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Administration, and Education also on the agenda, while Environment and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Terlak. The average income tax rate is 95.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Dratavan economy, worth 920 trillion marks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 341,512 marks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
An increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, nerdy teenagers have to prove that they're made of the same stuff as their grandparents, the country has been 'going shopping' by annexing nearby nations for their resources, and intellectual snobbery has the cognoscenti sneering at anyone who doesn't have an opinion on the semiological drift of Umberto Eco's works. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dratava's national animal is the Dratavan eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dratava was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Jove Mahmo.
- : Dratava was endorsed by The Golden Delegoose Monarchy of Technocratic Tagalog.
- : Dratava was endorsed by The Kingdom of Espeon LD.
- : Dratava was endorsed by The Free Land of Namaste Isle.
- : Following new legislation in Dratava, intellectual snobbery has the cognoscenti sneering at anyone who doesn't have an opinion on the semiological drift of Umberto Eco's works.
- : Dratava was endorsed by The Unified Ideologies of Argentianworkslasia.
- : Dratava was endorsed by The Glorious Kingdom of North Bernia.
- : Dratava was endorsed by The Shadow of Eastern Alksearia.
- : Dratava was endorsed by The Sororal Republics of Wallenburg.
- : Following new legislation in Dratava, the country has been 'going shopping' by annexing nearby nations for their resources.
Endorsements Received: 82 » La xinga, Marrabuk, H-Zhena, VW53Aland, Todd McCloud, Dragons Blood, Am Echad, Ridann, CopyCato, Kampf Empire, East Malaysia, BearStackof2015, Brotherland, Wiranath, Evrigenis, Kangarawa, Republic of Berzerkistan, The Militarius Imperium, Pakitsk, Merlovich, Asendavia, Talitoa, Zukchiva, Tretrid, Axdel, The Eternal Land of Jong, Kilkire, The Three States of Fortuna, Ripsylvania, Staynes, Mays Austrian Nation, BuciLand, A mean old man, Santa Dystopia, Survivoristan, Stellar Colonies, Ephem, Eastern Hyront Scassen, Horn of Havenkaap, New Leganes, Yelkinam, Euricanis, Rainbow Vests, Forro Islands, Lingu, Oofery, Tawuse, Coruh, Markhor, Modra, and 32 others.Plazland, FreedomIand, Greater New Cassandra, Acronis, Nevertopia, Republic of New India, Anarchica landia, Debluu, Layngderfleethe, EHTYCSCYTHE, Tassirion, Fradrildrun, ArenaC, Claniangdow, From New World, Dannemarie, Dravida India, Sunsistan, Aeoliah, Insi Karai, A Slanted Black Stripe, Lorrana, Fuflix workers union, United Socialist States of Amerika, Wallenburg, Eastern Alksearia, North Bernia, Argentianworkslasia, Namaste Isle, Espeon LD, Technocratic Tagalog, and Jove Mahmo.