The Confederacy of Drakhan is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Lyrrad Drakhan with an even hand, and notable for its strictly enforced bedtime, frequent executions, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed population of 4.811 billion Drakhans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Public Transport, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 6.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Drakhan economy, worth 252 trillion drakes a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 52,410 drakes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
People seem disproportionately distraught when told a museum has a phones-off policy, the government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress, recognised healthcare professionals treat diabetes with a grain of sugar in a barrel of water, and restaurants are required to specify whether their toilet paper was made in Drakhan. Crime is moderate, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Drakhan's national animal is the Owl, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Drakhan's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Drakhan's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Drakhan's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Drakhan's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Drakhan was refounded in Balder.
- : Drakhan ceased to exist in Osiris.
- : Drakhan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : Drakhan's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Drakhan altered its national flag.
- : Drakhan's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".