The Kingdom of Dragonspiral is a very large, socially progressive nation, notable for its compulsory military service, ban on automobiles, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, cynical, devout population of 184 million Dragonspiralites are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Welfare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 73.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Dragonspiralish economy, worth 5.19 trillion Draydens a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Retail, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 28,218 Draydens, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The hardest thing for a mining operation to dig through is government red tape, debate rages over whether ground fish guts can be spread on fields, there are no more heroes any more, and college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dragonspiral's national animal is the Dragonite, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dragonspiral resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Dragonspiral was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Dragonspiral was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Dragonspiral was endorsed by The Tǝchnocratic Dǝmarchy of Soviet Taoistan.
- : Dragonspiral was endorsed by The Royaume of Popaholick.
- : Dragonspiral's influence in Europe rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Dragonspiral was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Lithuaniae.
- : Dragonspiral was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Someseni.
- : Dragonspiral was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of The Rebels of Ireland.
- : Dragonspiral was endorsed by The Free Lands of Robbonia.