|Leader||King Lorenzo Santiago|
The United Kingdom of Dragao do Mar is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by King Lorenzo Santiago with an even hand, and notable for its compulsory military service, ubiquitous missile silos, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 6.939 billion Marians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, with Defense, Industry, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fortaleza. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 51.2%.
The all-consuming Marian economy, worth 692 trillion Marian Iracemas a year, is dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Basket Weaving, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 99,832 Marian Iracemas, with the richest citizens earning 6.6 times as much as the poorest.
The Violet Mile now refers to the long line-ups that former death row inmates wait in as they transfer to maximum security prisons, jokes told in elementary school often come back to haunt politicians, the new Liquor Legitimacy Office is besieged with applications from people who have experience in "statistical sampling methods", and the nation's youth would rather watch paint dry than the news. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dragao do Mar's national animal is the Harpy eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dragao do Mar endorsed The Democratic Republic of Visois.
- : Dragao do Mar was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Equilar.
- : Dragao do Mar was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Visois.
- : Dragao do Mar endorsed The Commonwealth of Equilar.
- : Dragao do Mar lodged a message on the The Western Isles Regional Message Board.
- : Dragao do Mar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Dragao do Mar was endorsed by The Confederacy of Seneica.
- : Dragao do Mar endorsed The Confederacy of Seneica.
- : Dragao do Mar endorsed The Taa'zi of Remodio.
- : Dragao do Mar was endorsed by The People's Republic of Weinam.
Endorsements Received: 27 » Ostehaar, Vancouvia, Xrevaro, San Jimenez, Keomora, Verdon, Michigonia, Dothrakia, Cosie, Almorea, San Montagna, Linaviar, Athara Magarat, Miklania, Townside, Aruia, Corindia, Chasia, Nhoor, Craiglang, Khoreshis, Alteran Republics, Segentova, Vijayarajya, Seneica, Visois, and Equilar.