The Democratic Confederation of Dracran Bat is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Arthur Hughes with a fair hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, absence of drug laws, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.051 billion Dracran Batians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Neuhal. The average income tax rate is 90.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Dracran Batian economy, worth 579 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an impressive 114,637 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The police have been known to wiretap confessional boxes, the government regularly reassures citizens that there are no monsters under their beds, the comic book series 'Arthur Hughes and the Villainous Corporate Cronies' is a best-seller, and abortions are routinely performed in the nation's hospitals. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dracran Bat's national animal is the dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dracran Bat was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Dracran Bat was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Upper Chult.
- : Dracran Bat was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Waitomo District.
- : Dracran Bat was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Safest.
- : Dracran Bat was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Dracran Bat, abortions are routinely performed in the nation's hospitals.
- : Following new legislation in Dracran Bat, the comic book series 'Arthur Hughes and the Villainous Corporate Cronies' is a best-seller.
- : Following new legislation in Dracran Bat, the government regularly reassures citizens that there are no monsters under their beds.
- : Following new legislation in Dracran Bat, the police have been known to wiretap confessional boxes.
- : Following new legislation in Dracran Bat, families are left homeless as entire suburbs are bulldozed on the whim of tribal chiefs.
Endorsements Received: 28 » Galtova, Ezechard, Requand, Venovica, Liossalde, Silabar, Qingling, Gallo Republic, Scientists Allied, AtlasBarfed, Dekks, Proxmire, Oh my god it is so hard to find a name, Maupedonia, Silverfish37, Basiliania, Talamia, Syvis, Balkvla Islands, Luzdelsol, Mauvemarke, Terlibe, Varavano, Siriza, Democratic Republic of Cacusia, Free Van Chet, Waitomo District, and Upper Chult.