The Constitutional Monarchy of Draconics is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Notboss Dragonking with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, complete lack of prisons, and aversion to nipples. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 1.689 billion Draconicsians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Administration, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Draconics City. The average income tax rate is 95.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Draconicsian economy, worth 185 trillion Dracons a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 110,097 Dracons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
The government has spent days debating the merits of a petition calling for a ban on sporks, the government only invests in infrastructure after a natural disaster, a fashion designer has been arrested for inciting hatred after claiming redheads couldn't pull off vermillion, and a light facial coating of soot is seen as the mark of an honest and hardworking man. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Draconics's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Jehovah's Witnesses.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Draconics voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Protection of Biomedical Research"".
- : Following new legislation in Draconics, a light facial coating of soot is seen as the mark of an honest and hardworking man.
- : Following new legislation in Draconics, a fashion designer has been arrested for inciting hatred after claiming redheads couldn't pull off vermillion.
- : Following new legislation in Draconics, the government only invests in infrastructure after a natural disaster.
- : Draconics was endorsed by The Republic of Shibutani.
- : Following new legislation in Draconics, the government has spent days debating the merits of a petition calling for a ban on sporks.
- : Following new legislation in Draconics, teenage girls in knee-length surfer shorts have become a cultural icon of Draconics.
- : Following new legislation in Draconics, police officers that upset their bosses get assigned to 24 hour stakeouts of bike sheds.
- : Draconics was endorsed by The Empire of The Windmilluminati.
- : Following new legislation in Draconics, academics are questioning the quality of the nation's newly-reprinted science textbooks.
Endorsements Received: 144 » Sunto, Notyoutopia, Pallaith, Yaorozu, Great Bights Mum, Kaschovia, Kwaj, Enosville, The Sanada Clan, Shadowrik, Sil Dorsett, Holy Oranz, Omicron Persei V111, Frances Francis the First of France, Selfgradatude, Sankami, General COE, Bharathvarsh, HMS Unicorn, Friently, South Grand Mountain, Shin-Hachioji, Siwale, Ainsworth, Kingdom of Space, The Akhara Islands, SchoolHouse Rock, Puczovska, Vszeklina, Wineclaw, Diodone, Anima Proxa, Necromonia, Zedeya, McMasterdonia, Forunte, Sheppey, Plembobria, Kelvaros Prime, Prevaland, Yukti, Yaris, New Chilokver, Buckerino, Che Sana Und, Republic of Dixie, I Am Bad At Naming Nations, Cuyan, Seven Hills, Cloydicia, and 94 others.The Lancerian Empire, Lord Ravenclaw, Bayern-Straubing, PlanetPunk, The Iron Lions, Aerilia, Pakistan 001, Moubarakistan, Universal State Formula, Amerian States, Territorio di Nessuno, Anna Lisa, Tredano, Gellandia, Xentherida, Vogonlandia, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, Thenaca, Inorganic Tomb Thing, Beodarasc, Phillywob, Lionia, Qactana, Panama Coalition, Unsophisticate, Corfad, Weehay, Wodan, The The Bierands, Aroa, Tee Googly Coffee Me, Felhaven, Victoriaans Nederlands, Midds Conia, Unimaginable Doom, The Syca, Malta Comino Gozo, Azzarel, Maott, Crodaria, Agrauron, Mzeusia, Gladio II, SillyString, Malvad, Mercy Land, NatsukiLand, Celebia, ThE eNd oF eE, Merconitonitopia, Ozstan, Inzland, Wunderstrafanstalt, Astal Aavors, American MapleStory, Avornica, Socialist Cooperative Republics, Eglise Sainte Eve, Outer Egorniand, Bridgett, Illusia and Neverendia, A Terribly Charismatic Duck, The South Falls, Alsatian Island, Xagill, Lake Flotillas, Tokumin, Apetopia, A very powerful and handsome man, The Mazur Empire, Pop Prorp, Ktyria, Abunenin, Ullac, Morlanka, Verthero, Atain, Canada GR, LaKronia, Vathekia, Pandessiand, Nueava Libertalia, Phoronu, Ka Ching, Wesley Republic, Albacria, Mirandako Herri Errepublika, Freienland, Municipality of Baria and Vungtau, Benolia, Mordant99, Q w e r t y, The Windmilluminati, and Shibutani.