The Constitutional Monarchy of Draconics is a huge, genial nation, notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, complete lack of prisons, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, devout population of 545 million Draconicsians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Draconics City. The average income tax rate is 88.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Draconicsian economy, worth 37.2 trillion Dracons a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 68,262 Dracons, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The paparazzi publicize Royal scandals with the utmost delight, children crying over dropped ice creams are offered high doses of experimental antidepressants, sections of the police receive paramilitary training, and prankster scientists legally change their names to silly pseudonyms before major discoveries. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Draconics's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Draconics, prankster scientists legally change their names to silly pseudonyms before major discoveries.
- : Following new legislation in Draconics, sections of the police receive paramilitary training.
- : Following new legislation in Draconics, children crying over dropped ice creams are offered high doses of experimental antidepressants.
- : Following new legislation in Draconics, the paparazzi publicize Royal scandals with the utmost delight.
- : Following new legislation in Draconics, the Finance Ministry posts hourly updates on where taxpayer money is spent.
- : Following new legislation in Draconics, a recent political speech drew the ire of nerds everywhere after the speaker claimed that Darth Vader was Harry Potter's father.
- : Following new legislation in Draconics, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits.
- : Following new legislation in Draconics, retirement homes are filled with foreign war criminals.
- : Draconics was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Following new legislation in Draconics, politicians constantly ring their voters to remind them how good a job they're doing.
Endorsements Received: 65 » Sunto, Notyoutopia, Valdr, Pallaith, Yaorozu, Great Bights Mum, Kaschovia, Kwaj, Enosville, Coemgen, The Sanada Clan, Empy, Vegetarian States, Upper Portlandia, ABC, Shadowrik, Sil Dorsett, Holy Oranz, Omicron Persei V111, Frances Francis the First of France, Arcadia of Kasterborous, Selfgradatude, Sankami, Reannia, Ovsterland, General COE, Marsh Castle, Bharathvarsh, HMS Unicorn, Friently, Hong Kong Empire, Moristia, Jenner-Kardash, South Grand Mountain, Lavanania, Shin-Hachioji, Siwale, Faxfleet, Ainsworth, Kingdom of Space, The Akhara Islands, SchoolHouse Rock, Puczovska, Vszeklina, Wineclaw, Cleoskye, Victoriaans Nederlands, Diodone, Hermaes, WE Empire, and 15 others.Anima Proxa, American MapleStory, Necromonia, Kizja, Religioncord, Zedeya, McMasterdonia, Forunte, Sheppey, Maestros haven, Plembobria, Zemnaya Svoboda, Kelvaros Prime, Prevaland, and Brandenburg-Magdeburg.