The Constitutional Monarchy of Draconics is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Notboss Dragonking with an even hand, and notable for its daily referendums, frequent executions, and triple-decker prams. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 1.247 billion Draconicsians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Draconics City. The average income tax rate is 95.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Draconicsian economy, worth 128 trillion Dracons a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 102,864 Dracons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Space shuttles are lying silent on the runway till the Space Agency can work out how to fit a creche and a meditation room into their next spacecraft, the tenet of free speech is held dear, referenda can be called for any law at the request of at least one third of the voting population, and the institution of marriage is held sacred and strictly enforced. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Draconics's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Jehovah's Witnesses.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Draconics was endorsed by The Free Land of Bridgett.
- : Following new legislation in Draconics, the institution of marriage is held sacred and strictly enforced.
- : Following new legislation in Draconics, referenda can be called for any law at the request of at least one third of the voting population.
- : Following new legislation in Draconics, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- : Following new legislation in Draconics, space shuttles are lying silent on the runway till the Space Agency can work out how to fit a creche and a meditation room into their next spacecraft.
- : Following new legislation in Draconics, park rangers perform full-body searches on suspected fungus smugglers.
- : Draconics was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Outer Egorniand.
- : Following new legislation in Draconics, the economy is undergoing a traumatic transition to capitalism.
- : Draconics was reclassified from "Authoritarian Democracy" to "Moralistic Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Draconics, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field.
Endorsements Received: 137 » Sunto, Notyoutopia, Pallaith, Yaorozu, Great Bights Mum, Kaschovia, Kwaj, Enosville, Coemgen, The Sanada Clan, Vegetarian States, Shadowrik, Sil Dorsett, Holy Oranz, Omicron Persei V111, Frances Francis the First of France, Selfgradatude, Sankami, General COE, Bharathvarsh, HMS Unicorn, Friently, HoNg KoNg EmPiRe, South Grand Mountain, Shin-Hachioji, Siwale, Ainsworth, Kingdom of Space, The Akhara Islands, SchoolHouse Rock, Puczovska, Vszeklina, Wineclaw, Diodone, WE Empire, Anima Proxa, Necromonia, Zedeya, McMasterdonia, Forunte, Sheppey, Maestros haven, Plembobria, Zemnaya Svoboda, Kelvaros Prime, Prevaland, Aenglaland, Yukti, AdyLand, The Utopian Movement, and 87 others.Yaris, New Chilokver, Buckerino, Ausmercia, Che Sana Und, Republic of Dixie, I Am Bad At Naming Nations, Cuyan, Seven Hills, Cloydicia, The Lancerian Empire, Lord Ravenclaw, Bayern-Straubing, PlanetPunk, The Iron Lions, Stareogratia, Aerilia, Pakistan 001, Moubarakistan, Universal State Formula, Amerian States, Territorio di Nessuno, Anna Lisa, United States of Panthalassa, Horsley Land, Transhumanist Anarchical Union, Slaughterhouse Nine, Tredano, Aldelaria, Gellandia, Xentherida, Vogonlandia, Coppicia, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, Deropia, Fawkenia, Thenaca, Inorganic Tomb Thing, Beodarasc, Phillywob, Lionia, Qactana, Panama Coalition, Unsophisticate, Corfad, Weehay, Wodan, The The Bierands, Aroa, Tee Googly Coffee Me, Felhaven, Victoriaans Nederlands, Blurds, New-El, Midds Conia, Unimaginable Doom, Libotionia, The Syca, Malta Comino Gozo, Azzarel, Maott, Crodaria, Agrauron, Reannia, Mzeusia, Asuroka, Gladio II, SillyString, Malvad, Mercy Land, NatsukiLand, Celebia, Sanjurika, ThE eNd oF eE, Merconitonitopia, Gospel Power, Ozstan, Saint Marks Island, Inzland, Wunderstrafanstalt, Astal Aavors, American MapleStory, Avornica, Socialist Cooperative Republics, Eglise Sainte Eve, Outer Egorniand, and Bridgett.