The Democratic Republic of DR Persia is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its compulsory military service and irreverence towards religion. The hard-working population of 435 million Persers have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 22.7%.
The Persish economy, worth 17.6 trillion Reais a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 40,394 Reais, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
Military spending recently hit a new high, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, military pilots spend more time scraping feathers off their engines than flying their aircraft, and organ donation is compulsory. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent, thanks to a well-funded police force. DR Persia's national animal is the Lion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : DR Persia's influence in Codex Ylvus fell from "Sprat" to "Minnow".
- : DR Persia's influence in Codex Ylvus rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : DR Persia's influence in Codex Ylvus rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : DR Persia's influence in Codex Ylvus rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : DR Persia's influence in Codex Ylvus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : DR Persia's influence in Codex Ylvus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : DR Persia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Average.
- : DR Persia's influence in Codex Ylvus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : DR Persia published "Persia (work underway)" (Factbook: Overview).
- : DR Persia relocated from The West Pacific to Codex Ylvus.