|Leader||Ahmed Khoussary ibn Al-Qarnayn|
The United Federal States of Dowaesk is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Ahmed Khoussary ibn Al-Qarnayn with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, free-roaming dinosaurs, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 1.521 billion Dowains love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government prioritizes Administration, with Education, Healthcare, and Environment also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jhance City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 91.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Dowaeskian economy, worth 190 trillion Rufiyaas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 125,363 Rufiyaas, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 386,488 per year while the poor average 31,392, a ratio of 12.3 to 1.
The nation locks people up and tells them they're mad for compassion's sake, the Dowaeskian Intelligence Agency relies on internet search engines to know what is happening overseas, military strategists are questioning the wisdom of subsidizing the economies of sworn enemies, and politicians accost strangers in the street to ask their problems. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dowaesk's national animal is the Red Snapper, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Sunni Islam.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Dowaesk, politicians accost strangers in the street to ask their problems.
- : Dowaesk was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Dowaesk, military strategists are questioning the wisdom of subsidizing the economies of sworn enemies.
- : Following new legislation in Dowaesk, the Dowaeskian Intelligence Agency relies on internet search engines to know what is happening overseas.
- : Following new legislation in Dowaesk, the nation locks people up and tells them they're mad for compassion's sake.
- : Following new legislation in Dowaesk, ratings for schools' curricula range from 'Pure as the Driven Snow' to 'Late Night TV'.
- : Following new legislation in Dowaesk, babies are a small but significant export.
- : Following new legislation in Dowaesk, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
- : Following new legislation in Dowaesk, any citizen who cries is immediately assigned a psychiatrist.
- : Following new legislation in Dowaesk, emojis are the soul of wit.
Endorsements Received: 79 » Dilber, Bhang Bhang Duc, Giovanniland, The Rega, Mediobogdum, Wickedly evil people, Orcatortugs, Eastern Bahia, Wellington Bingbong, Iglot, Hamburg Neo, Fujai, Lodiberdade, Common Good, Svanland, The United Tribes of Bantai, Oronia, Mathematania, Greynne, Weratt, Bucals Kagotoaion, DiscGolfLand, Dreamers for Hope, Cro Magnon, The Anti-Social Socialists, Fuentana, Willow Gate, Volkason, Holmani, Leukogeras, Crazy Waters, Comia Noracon, New Belia, IndyCar Racing, Archonina, Q The Almighty, Thyrall, Nas Crustium, The Father-Land, India and Bangladesh, Probablynotverygoodistan, Arvladma, Professor thomas, Glorious Existence, Sindria, The North American Assembly, Lothundy, New Democratic Republic of Russia, Pandaland II, Nevafornia, and 29 others.Nedtherland, Robbinston, Arifiyyah, Kisovec, Sultanat of Turkistan, Atheist States of Philippines, Marina Nova, The divisive isolationists, Akshireuya, The Free States of Gotham, Isle Royale, Santos-Dominius, Fallgriffin, Kittenlicious, Matism, Terra Socialiste, Constantinopolisia, Westwind, Champaign, Orson Welles, Albyion Kingdom, The Undivided, Acerola Orion, Tropical Isles, Zoran, Vlobbania, Papercuts and Skittles, Blue Bubble, and Nagaraningrad.