The Queen's State of Douglas Falls is a gargantuan, safe nation, remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, state-planned economy, and ban on automobiles. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 24.866 billion Douglas Fallsians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Social Policy, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Capital Heights. The average income tax rate is 92.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The enormous but inefficient Douglas Fallsian economy, worth a remarkable 1,389 trillion betales a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 55,876 betales, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers, Douglas Falls has designated Capital Heights as its capital city, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings, and billions of betales are being poured into a space program. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Douglas Falls's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is none.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Douglas Falls's influence in Cote dIvoire fell from "Auxiliary" to "Ambassador".
- : Douglas Falls was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates and Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Douglas Falls was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Douglas Falls was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Douglas Falls was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Douglas Falls's influence in Cote dIvoire rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- : Douglas Falls's influence in Cote dIvoire rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- : Douglas Falls was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Douglas Falls was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Douglas Falls was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs and Most Pacifist.