by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

The Republic of
Democratic Socialists

Overview Factbook Dispatches Policies People Government Economy Rank Trend Cards

2

The Imperial War (WIP)

At the time of the Imperial War Dothrakia had a population of 14 million. Dothrakia joined the war on the side of the Free Powers fighting against the Imperial Powers.
Tanks
During the Imperial War the Dothrakian Army had not yet adopted the idea for a Main Battle Tank at the beginning of the war and as a result operated many different tank designs at the same time. Although many tanks could perform the same jobs, most were specialized for a specific type of combat. Towards the end of the war with the introduction of the Centurion the MBT idea became more prevalent and the less useful specialist tanks were slowly phased out as they could.

M-41A3E8 Boar: 1941
The Boar was the first Dothraki attempt at a general jack of all trades tank. It was designed with ruggedness and simplicity in mind. It featured good frontal armor and was designed to take on enemy tanks and to support infantry operations. Because of its proposed role as an infantry support it did not have strong side armor and instead relied on support units to protect its sides. However, the weight saved from having less armor allowed for better speed and maneuverability. The first Boar type was designed in 1941, however the design was reworked in mid 1943 and early 1944 to create the M4A3E8 Boar that would be so successful up until the end of the war.
Although by the end of the war the Boar showed its age near the end of the war when compared to the newer tank models created in the late 40's and early 50's , it was still a capable tank that had the ability to take the fight to enemy tanks produced in the early to mid 40's, and even some newer models. With the introduction of the Centurion the Boar still had a place in armored formations (as it was able to keep up with the newer Centurion), but in more of a secondary or support role or in flanking maneuvers.

Crew: 5
Speed: 25mph
Range: 170 miles
Armor:
12.7 mm (0.5 in) Up to a maximum of 177.8 mm (7.0 in) depending upon variant
Armament:
76mm main gun (70 rds)
2x .50 cal MG

M-43 Wolf: 1943
The Wolf was the premier heavy tank for the Dothrakian Army during the war. It was designed to support an infantry assault and as a result focused more on armor and size rather than speed, and range.
During the war the Wolf was known for being extremely effective from a hull down position in static operations. It was primarily used in operations that were not expected to be fast moving like clearing out cities or in defensive roles. Its issues in speed and range meant that it was never truly accepted or widely used in the Dothraki Army because it was not seen as being able to keep up with other armored units, and was mainly used in a support role. For example, when used in Dothraki lightning attacks, the Boar would be used to cut through enemy lines, while the Wolf would be used in conjunction with the infantry in order to help mop up enemy opposition. It was also considered very useful in amphibious landings. When supported by infantry sappers and with air superiority, there was not a lot of firepower on enemy beaches capable of knocking out a Wolf, and sappers protected by the tank could clear tank traps and other obstacles. Some Wolves would be equipped with snorkels for deep wading through rivers or onto beaches for these exact purposes.
The Wolf only had a limited production because it was seen as filling a very niche role in the army that could also be filled by the M4A3E8, and later the Centurion.

Crew: 5
Speed: 15mph
Range: 66 mi
Armor:
102 mm hull front
89 mm hull side
51 mm hull rear
89 mm turret front
76 mm turret side and rear
Armament:
75mm cannon
2x 7.62mm MG

M-47 Centurion: 1947
The Centurion was the first main battle tank created for the Dothraki Army. At this point in the war the Dothrakian Military had realized the need for a hard hitting main battle tank capable of fast speeds, while still being able to engage any tanks fielded by Imperial Forces. It was designed with the idea that the still venerable M4A3E8 Boar would be obsolete by the end of the war and that this tank needed to better in just about every way. The main gun was greatly reworked and redesigned extensively based off of wartime experience coming in from the front daily. The armor was designed to be able to withstand a direct hit from an 88mm AT gun, and with better mine protection.
When it was first introduced the Centurion had an immediate impact on the war effort. It's increased armor was ahead of its time and provided excellent protection. It was used as the centerpiece of armored assaults and was supported by M4A3E8's in many engagements.
After the Imperial War, the Centurion would be modified with better guns and optics, and would go on to serve with the Dothraki Army for another 20 years. A heavily modified version is still used by the engineers.

Crew: 4
Speed: 22mph
Armor: 51mm-152mm
Armament:
84 mm main gun
2x .50 cal machine guns (1 coaxial, 1 on top of turret)

M-42 Skink:1942
The Skink was first developed as an AA platform to support armored units. It took the M4A3E8 chassis and replaced the main gun with 4 20mm cannon and increased hydraulics to increase turret speed. The tank prove to be effective in this role. It also saw much usage as an infantry support vehicle.
Crew: 4
Speed: 24mph
Armor: 50mm
Armament:
4x 20mm cannon

M-44
Crew: 5
Speed: 26mph
Armor:
Armament:
90mm main gun
1x .50 cal M-22 MG

Guns
M-39A1 Submachine Gun

M-095

MG-42 Machine Gun

Winchester CS-097 Trench Gun Shotgun

M-40 Rifle
Cartridge:7.62x51mm NATO
Magazine: 10 rounds

UK-40

Read dispatch


One of the biggest takeaways for the Dothrakian Air Forces during the Imperial War was the adoption of the "one for all" aircraft strategy. This was the theory that most aircraft should be able to take on several roles. Key examples being the adaption of the F4U and P-47 for a fighter-bomber role instead of a pure fighter role. This allowed for more mission adaptable aircraft, as well as cutting down on training and maintenance costs. Although the Dothrakian Air Forces had dappled with this idea with the P-40, the Imperial war really highlighted the need for jack of all trades aircraft.
The Dothrakian Air Services adopted the philosophy of the Jack of all Trades aircraft, but with select more specialized aircraft to fulfill specific roles. For example the few remaining torpedo squadrons, and the use of the A1D as a bomber that could pack a heavier punch than the F4U Crusader. This is an idea still used in the Dothrakian Air services with the F-16 Fighting Falcon as the one stop shop for missions but with specialty aircraft like the A-10 Ares Boar.

Air Force Aircraft

P-40 Hell Hawk: (1938)
The P-40 was the standard fighter used by the Dothraki Air Force at the outbreak of the Imperial War, as the P-47 was not yet ready in large numbers. It was designed in the mid 1930's to be the backbone of the Dothrakian Air Force, however, limitations at high altitudes meant it struggled at this role. Although it began to be phased out at the beginning of the war by the P-47, the P-40 would still see use as a reserve fighter, and a low level fighter and attack aircraft.
Due to the shortage of frontline aircraft during the Imperial War the P-40 would continue in service until the end of the war, although in mostly a secondary or ground attack role. It would continue to be a frontline aircraft and hide wide usage in less hostile theaters of war like the Southern Sea.
Crew:1
Max Speed: 340 mph
Cruise Speed: 270 MPH
Range: 650 miles
Ceiling: 29000 ft
Armament:
6x .50 cal Machine Guns
2000lbs bombs on 3 harpoons (2 wing, 1 fuselage)

P-47 Thor: 1943
The Thor was designed to be the premier Dothraki Air Superiority fighter during the Imperial War. Although originally designed for the air superiority role, its ruggedness made it a potent fighter-bomber, and as the war progressed and the need for bombers became more pronounced, the design was modified to incorporate bombs and rockets, and it would develop a reputation as a phenomenal close air support aircraft.
Its ruggedness and powerful engine and armament gave it a long lifespan and it continued to serve in a frontline role until the end of the war. Although it often struggled against newer jet fighters that began to appear. When attacking Imperial strongholds in Argus, it would often fly with the protection of new jet fighters, and would serve as a fighter bomber for long range missions.

Crew: 1
Max Speed: 433 mph
Range: 800 mi (combat), 1800 mi (ferry)
Ceiling: 43,000 ft
Armament:
8x .50 cal machine guns
2,500 lbs bombs
10x 5in unguided rockets

F-262 Zeus:1945
The Zeus was the first jet fighter in the Dothraki Arsenal. The design began off of a jet engine created in 1939 by a foreign scientist. The aircraft was in production stage for several years before the Imperial War and then development was rapidly increased after the beginning of the Imperial War.
The Zeus was initially a surprise to Imperial Air Forces. At the time there were very few Imperial jets around and the F-262 was simply too fast for most of the piston engine fighters operated by the Imperials. Most Imperial success against the F-262 was when they got into low speed dog fights, or where the piston engine fighters could get inside the F-262's turn radius.
The rapid development of fighters meant that the Zeus never had widespread production or use due to the fact that the next generation of jet fighter in the F-48 would be ready in roughly 3 years. The F-48 was seen as the better fighter aircraft due to its better speed and the fact that it's airframe incorporated design lessons learned from the Zeus. The Zeus would continue to see service for several years after the F-48 entered service, especially by bomber interceptor groups. In the end it was phased out by the Air Force due to maintenance problems and airframe issues. Although it was noted that these issues could've been fixed on the Zeus, by that point the F-48 was already in production and it was deemed cheaper to focus on one plane design.

Crew:1
Speed: 559mph
Range: 655mi
Ceiling: 37,565ft
Armament:
4x 30mm cannon
24x 55mm rockets
2x 500lbs bombs

F-48 Shooting Star: 1948
The F-48 was the first widely used jet fighter in the Dothrakian arsenal. The Shooting Star's swept wings and jet engine produced a flying experience that was very different from the propeller-driven fighters of the time. The transition from props to jets was not without accidents and incidents even for experienced fighter pilots. Most of the pilots chosen to fly this aircraft were experienced pilots that had thousands of hours flying other fighter aircraft like the P-47. Its ability to hit Mach 1 gave it a distinct advantage over several contemporary Imperial Fighters.
Crew:1
Speed: 687 mph
Range: 1,525 mi
Armament:
6x .50 cal machine guns
variety of rockets
5,300 lbs on 4 hard points
2x 1000lb bombs

Naval and Marine Aircraft

Seagull Scout Seaplane: 1938
Crew:1
Max Speed: 313mph
Combat Range: 625mi
Ceiling: 37,000ft
Armament:
2x .50 cal MG
2x hardpoints (600 lbs total)

F6F Blackcat
Crew: 1
Max Speed: 390 mph
Combat Range: 945 mi
Ferry Range: 1530 mi
Ceiling: 37,300 ft
Armament:
6x .50 cal machine guns
6x 5in rockets or 2x 11.75in tiny Tim rockets
4000 lbs bombs

F4U Crusader: 1944
The F4U Crusader is arguably the most important aircraft of the entire Imperial War for Dothrakia. It served as the main fighter bomber of the Dothrakian Navy and Marines for almost the entirety of the war and its role only increased during the war due to constant modifications and upgrades. The only major issue suffered with this aircraft was early struggles with using this aircraft on carriers, however this issue was quickly fixed and the F4U was ready for the outbreak of the war.
In addition, its superior rate of climb made it a great interceptor.
Crew: 1
Powerplant: Whitney R-2800-18W radial engine
Max Speed: 446mph
Range: 1,005 mi
Ceiling: 41,500ft
Armament:
6x .50 cal machine guns or 4x 20mm cannon
8x 5in rockets and/or 4000lbs of bombs

SBD Beast:1940
The Beast was the main bomber of the Dothraki Navy and Marine Corps for the beginning of the war. It was known for being a reliable aircraft capable of taking damage and still getting its pilots home. It was dubbed Slow But Deadly by the Air Forces during the war due to its slow speed.
Crew: 2
Armament:
2x .50 cal machine guns
2x .50 cal in rear turret

TBF Avenging Angel

A1D Raider: (1946)
The A1D was one of the most important aircraft of the second half of the war. With its ability to carry a massive payload it gave the Dothrakian Navy and Marine Corps a devastating punch. Once an armor package was developed for the aircraft it was capable of taking quite a beating and it excelled in the ground attack role. Its for 20mm cannons packed a lethal punch giving the sky raider the ability to defend itself if necessary. It would end up eventually phasing out the TBF Avenging Angels in the torpedo role.
This aircraft was so successful that with a few upgrades, it was used into the early 1970's by the Dothrakian military as a ground attack aircraft.
Crew: 1
Powerplant: 1x Harley R-3350-WA radial engine
Max Speed: 322 mph
Cruise Speed: 198 mph
Range: 1,316 miles
Ceiling: 28,500ft
Armament:
4x 20mm cannons
15 hardpoints capable of holding 8000lbs of ordinance (bombs/rockets/torpedoes etc)

Heavy Aircraft

Melta Flying Boat: 1937
Crew:10
Powerplant:
Max Speed: 196 mph
Cruise Speed:125 mph
Range:
Ceiling:
Armament:
2x .50 cal MG in chin turret
2x .50 cal MG 1 in each waist blister

FW Albatross

P-38 Hornet: 1940
The P-39 Horent "The Wooden Wonder" was a Dothraki attempt at creating a twin engine fighter aircraft. It was known as the wooden wonder because a large portion of the airframe was made out of a balsa wood "pith" sandwiched between plywood sheets which were laid in diagonal panels. This would make the aircraft lighter, while also using less metal (a high demand material in wartime).
Part of the design specifications were to make the aircraft capable of operating off of an aircraft carrier. As a result the Hornet is capable of operating off of an aircraft carrier.

Crew:1
Powerplant:
Max Speed: 475 mph
Cruise Speed: 270mph
Range: 1480 mi
Ceiling: 41,500 ft
Armament:
4x 20mm cannon
2x 1000 lbs bombs
8x 60lbs unguided rockets (later version)

Read dispatch


Warden of the North Class Battleships:1943
When the Imperial War began in 1943 the Dothrakian Military was still in the process of revamping its military might after a period of isolation. The centerpiece of this revitalizations was the Warden of the North Class Battleships. They were designed to be able to fight any other battleship in service in the world, and to keep pace with a battle group. Each of the ships is named after a different title of nobility in Dothrakia since these warships were designed to be the rulers of the ocean.
They were designed to be able to successfully engage any battleship of the time. As such they were designed with maximum firepower and armor in mind while giving up some of the speed enjoyed by the proceeding Lion class battleships. The main guns could pierce a piece of 20" vertical steel armor at 12mi, and its HE rounds could create a crater 50ft wide and 20ft deep and defoliate a 1200ft radius. Their armor was designed to withstand a direct hit from their own shells. As a result they had near immunity from 16in shells from distances over 10 miles. This, coupled with advanced fire control systems and floatplanes for spotting and aiming assistance, makes it nearly impossible for any enemy ships to get within to effective range without being overwhelmed by the raw firepower capable of being thrown out.
These warships were first proposed in 1937 and approved in 1940, with construction beginning immediately due to the heightened tensions in the region. All ships in the class were completed by 1943, just in time for the Imperial War. While the Lion Class was used as a large escort for carriers, the Warden of the North class was seen as to slow to keep up with the fleet carriers, especially the Poseidon Class that entered service in 1946. Instead they made up the Dothraki Home Fleet. They would primarily be used in support of amphibious landing operations.
The warships were retired shortly after the end of the Imperial War due to their inability to keep up with the next generation of Dothraki Fleet Carriers. They were retired and turned into museum ships, the Warden of the North is located at Pyke, the Duke of Manderly at Manderly, the Prince of Corellia at Cydonia, and the Queen of Tyra in Tyra.

Vessels
Warden of the North
Duke of Manderly
Prince of Corellia
Queen of Tyra

Length: 936ft
Displacement: 64,240 tons standard/ 72,104 tons full
Speed: 28kn (32mph)
Personnel:2355, 2,789 flagship
Range: 17,300 miles/ 15,000 nmi
Armor:
Side belt: 16.1 inches tapering to 10.2 inches on 1-inch (25 mm) STS plate inclined 19
Lower side belt: 7.28.5 inches tapered to 1 inch inclined 10
Bulkheads: 18 inches (457 mm) forward, 15.25 inches (387 mm) aft
Barbettes: 21.3 inches, 18 inches (aft)
Turrets:
face 22.5 inches
side 10 inches
roof 9.15 inches
Decks:
main 2.25 inches
second 7.057.35 inches
Armament
4x3 16in gun turrets (25mi range)(2rounds/min)
10x2 5in gun turrets (15mi range)/anti aircraft usage
10x4 40mm Bofors anti-aircraft machine guns
40x 20mm Oerlikon anti-aircraft machine guns
Complement:
2x Seagull floatplanes

Lion Class Battleship:1942
The Lion Class was a class of fast battleships designed for the Dothraki Navy. They were primarily built as a complement to the aircraft carriers of the Dothraki Navy. As a result the designers put an emphasis on speed and AA ability with a decreased emphasis on the armor and armament enjoyed by the Warden of the North Class battleships. It was noted that despite their immense size, the Lion Class Battleships could still turn in a remarkable 700 meters.
Due to having the same advanced main guns as the Warden of the North Class, the Lion class was still one of the most lethal battleships in the world.
After the Imperial War the Lion Class would continue to serve in the Dothraki Navy for several years. They operated as carrier escorts, or sometimes led their own battlegroups.

Lion
Snow Leopard
Cougar
Tiger

Length: 862 ft
Displacement: 57,540 tons
Speed: 33kn (38mph)
Personnel: 2,700
Range: 17,140 miles/ 14,890 nmi
Armor:
Belt: 12.1 in on 0.875 in STS
Bulkheads: 14.5 in
Barbettes:
front 11.6 in
side 17.3 in
Turrets:
front 19.5 in
side 9.5 in
rear 12 in
roof 7.25 in
Conning tower: 17.3 in
Decks:
main 1.5 in
second 6.0 in
splinter 0.63 in over machinery, 1 in over magazines
Armament:
3x3 16-inch (406 mm)/50 cal. Mark 7 guns
10x2 5-inch (127 mm)/38 cal. Mark 12 guns
20x4 40 mm (1.57 in)/56 cal. Bofors guns
48 20 mm (0.787 in)/70 cal. Oerlikon cannons

Queen Class (1918-1948)
The Queen Class was the first attempt at a Dothraki fast battleship. When they were first built their role was to act as a fast battleship group that would be able to head off an enemy battle line. They were also meant to have maximum offensive firepower possible. This was to result (in theory) in a group or warships capable of defeating any type of ship they might encounter at the head of the enemy's battle line and then breaking the enemy's line fully.
Due to their faster speed they were able to continue their usefulness longer than the Regent Class that proceeded them. They were also heavily upgraded in the mid 1930's to increase their lifespan. Their upgrades included a new and improved modern power plant that took up less space while producing more power than the original. This extra space and power was used in increasing armor and AA weaponry. In addition, the 6in guns were replaced and more effective dual purpose 5in guns were put in their place along with additional smaller anti-air weapons being installed.
Despite these improvements, the AA suite on the Queen Class was still found to be lacking soon after the outbreak of the Imperial War. As a result they could not travel far by themselves without overhead air cover or other ships with more capable AA defenses.
Following the Imperial War all remaining vessels were scrapped. Due to their long service life they acquired the nicknames "The Grand Old Ladies".

Queen Cersei
Queen Elizabeth
Queen Catelyn
Queen Ann

Length: 643.75ft
Displacement:
Speed:
Personnel:
Range:
Armor:
Armament:
(As built)
4x2 15in guns
14x 6in guns
2x 3in AA guns
(Post overhaul)
4x2 15in guns
10x 5in guns
4x4 40mm Bofors
14x 20mm Oerlikon Cannons

Invictus Class Heavy Cruiser: 1940
The Invictus Class Heavy cruiser was the heaviest cruiser designed by Dothrakia and saw use in the Imperial War. The Invictus class was designed to make up for the lack of Dothrakian Battleships during the time, filling the role of a heavy cruiser or Battlecruiser, and was meant to prey on enemy cruisers, or convoys, but also be used as an escort for carriers. They were designed to catch any ship they were capable of sinking while being able to outrun any ship capable of sinking them.
Unlike previous battlecruiser designs, the Invictus Class was never designed to serve as a ship of the line like battleships. It was focused more on bullying smaller vessels and acting as a carrier escort. In addition, it incorporated many of the design elements of a cruiser rather than a battleship, most notably, the lack of a torpedo bulge and a single rudder. This ship combined a main armament of nine 12-inch guns with protection against 10-inch gunfire into a hull that was capable of 33 knots (61 km/h; 38 mph). This all factored into the decision to classify the Invictus class as heavy cruisers rather than battleships.
However, at the beginning of the Imperial War, the Invictus Class was designated a commerce raider specializing in attacking Imperial convoys, and members of the Invictus Class set out to isolate Flandrian from the rest of the Imperial Powers. The ships operated in duos, raiding Imperial Convoys whenever a weakness was sensed and avoiding them when they had capital ship protection. Their strategy was for one cruiser to hold off the escorts while the other could freely attack the merchant vessels. Later, they also worked in conjunction with wolf packs for a time. Eventually the Imperial Powers began diverting large amounts of resources into tracking the raiders down and eventually they were withdrawn and they were worked into task forces.
They would serve with distinction for several years after the Imperial War. Their fast speed still allowed them to be viable options as larger carrier escorts in charge of a carrier battle groups surface units for some time.

Invictus
Courageous
Furious
Resolute
Harbringer
Dauntless

Length: 750ft
Speed: 33kn/38mph
Crew: 1,800
Armor: Capable of withstanding 10in gunfire
Armament:
3x3 12in guns
6x2 5in guns
2x3 21in (533mm) torpedo tubes
10x4 40mm bofors anti-air guns
35x 20mm Oerlikon anti-aircraft cannons
Complement:
2 Sea Gull floatplanes

Chimaera Class Cruiser: 1946
The Chimaera Class cruisers were the final evolution in the Dothraki Heavy Cruiser line. They are most well known for having the first autoloading 8in guns in the Dothraki Navy. This allowed them to throw out an astounding 36,180 lbs of firepower per minute (other classes averaged in the 10-12,000 range).
These warships were designed as a bridge between the Invictus Class Heavy Cruisers and the Patriot Class Cruisers. Their main new emphasis was on protection and firepower as some Dothraki cruisers had struggled in engagements early in the war.
Due to their late construction in the war effort and an increased emphasis on aircraft and ground vehicles, only a handful of these ships would ever be produced. They served with great distinction for many years after the war.

Chimaera
Bloodfin
Manticore

Length: 716.5
Speed: 33kn
Crew: 1,799
Armor:
Belt: 4-6 in (102-152 mm)
Deck: 3.5 in (89 mm)
Turrets: 2-8 in (51-203 mm)
Barbettes: 6.3 in (160 mm)
Conning tower: 6.5 in (165 mm)
Armament:
3x3 8in guns
6x2 5in guns
12x2 3in guns
12 20mm Oerlikon Cannons

Patriot Class Cruiser: 1935
The Patriot Class cruiser was a class of heavy cruiser designed for the Dothrakian Navy in the early 1930's. When designed, the two primary roles of the Patriot Class were to be 1.) protection for Dothraki CBG's and 2.) engaging enemy light warships. The class was also designed with the Nolon City Treaty in mind.
The class would serve with distinction during the Imperial War. After the wars end the majority of the remaining ships in the class would be decommissioned.

Length: 608.3ft
Speed: 33kn/ 38mph
Crew: 929
Armor:
Belt armor: 6.4 in (160 mm)
Deck: 2.25 in (57 mm)
Turrets: 8 in (200 mm)
Conning tower: 6 in (150 mm)
Armament:
3x3 8in guns
8x 5in guns
6x4 40mm Bofors
18x Oerlikon Cannons

Minotaur Class Light Cruiser: 1941
The Minotaur Class Light cruiser was designed mainly as an anti-aircraft cruiser and as a picket cruiser. It was the first Dothrakian Design that put its main emphasis on AA abilities and not on attacking other enemy warships. As a result its main role was as an escort for convoys and capital ships, but it also sometimes served as a destroyer flotilla leader and as a command ship in other secondary roles. They were designed based off of lessons learned from the preceding Town class. The main lesson learned was the need for an effective anti-aircraft warship to help in protecting the carrier battle group. Years of design went into creating main guns that would be effective in both anti-air and anti-surface roles.
Because of its light armor they are not the most effective at fighting warships larger than they are, and would instead be better at attacking destroyers or other cruisers where its high rate of fire could easily overwhelm a lightly armored ship. The most notable characteristic of this class was the dual purpose rapid firing main guns.

Length: 571ft
Speed: 31.5kn
Crew: 1,030
Armor:
Armament:
5x2 6in dual purpose guns (15-20rds/minute)
8x2 76mm (3in) anti-aircraft guns
2x4 40mm bofors quad anti aircraft guns
4x4 21in torpedo tubes

Nathan James Class Destroyer: 1936
In 1933 the Dothraki Navy decided that its current destroyers were not adequate for a future naval conflict and noted that their top heavy nature prevented them from being upgraded in any meaningful way. As a result the navy developed the Nathan James class.
The Nathan James class would be an extremely long lived class as ships of this class would continue to serve in the Dothraki Navy until the end of the Imperial War. However, their biggest drawback was their small size and lack of AA armament. Although upgradability had been one of the major driving parts of the design, their small size inhibited them from carrying an armament like later destroyers that would be nearly 50ft longer. As a result, they would not fend well during air attacks and by the end of the war they had been sent to mostly second line duties, or were assigned to roles where their lack of AA firepower would not be a major risk to the crew of the ship. For example, they made up almost the entirety of the Southern Sea Defense Fleet based out of the Southern Sea Administration, and they often worked in coordination with the Osean Empire in the Southern Sea.
Their design would revolutionize future Dothraki destroyer classes and would pave the way for the Ryan Curry Class and eventually the Paul Jones Class. Due to their struggles later in the war several of the Nathan James Class were scrapped during the war when they were badly damaged or in need of severe overhaul for scrap metal that would go into newer warships.

Length: 341ft
Speed: 37.5kn ()
Crew: 276
Range:6,500 mi
Armament:
5x 5in guns
2x2 40mm bofors guns
4x 20mm Oerlikon cannons
2x Depth Charge racks
4x K-gun depth charge throwers
2x5 21in (533mm) torpedo tubes

Ryan Curry Class Destroyer:1942
The Ryan Curry Class was the backbone of the Dothraki Navy during the Imperial War. The first ships in the class were laid down at the beginning of 1941 and were commissioned in early 1942. With the outset of the Imperial War production ramped up rapidly as destroyers were desperately needed to protect the next generation of capital ships coming off the docks at the same time.
The Curry class was designed with the coming war on the forefront of the design team. By this point the design team knew this would most likely not be a warship for peace, it would be meant to spill blood. As a result the length was increased nearly 30ft from the previous James class which allowed for greater fuel tankage and an increased armament, which would be critical for long distance wartime cruises.

Length: 377ft
Speed: 36.5kn (42mph)
Crew: 329
Range: 5,500 mi
Armament:
5x 5in guns
2x4 40mm bofors guns
10x 20mm Oerlikon cannons
1x Hedgehog ASW weapon (24 tubes)
1x Depth Charge Racks
4x K-gun depth charge throwers
2x5 21in (533mm) torpedo tubes

Paul Jones Class Destroyer:1945
The Paul James Class Destroyer was the next evolution of the Dothraki destroyer based off of lessons being learned during the Imperial War. It featured an increased main armament, and a more extensive AA package than the Ryan Curry Class.
The Paul James was first introduced near the end of 1945 and as a result was only available in relatively small numbers for Operation Cinder. However, it would go on to play a large role in the Dothraki war effort and was seen as a versatile ship capable as operating as a destroyer leader, or as an escort ship for capital ships. Ships in this class would play a key role in the war during the later years of the campaign against many of the Imperial strongholds on Argus, offering close bombardment for amphibious assaults and increased protection from Air Attacks.
One of the most notable improvements of the Jones Class over the Curry Class was the addition of the Hedgehog ASW mortar system. This system was known for a widely increased effectiveness against submarines and soon became a staple of Dothraki destroyers.
The Paul James Class would serve with the Dothraki Navy for over a decade after the Imperial War. The last ships of the class being retired in the early 1970's after having gone through several upgrades.

Length: 390ft
Speed: 36.8kn (42.3 mph)
Crew: 350
Range:4,500 mi
Armament:
3x2 5in guns
2x4 and 2x2 40mm bofors guns
11x 20mm Oerlikon cannons
2x hedgehog ASW weapon (24 tubes each)
1x Depth Charge Racks
6x K-gun depth charge throwers
2x5 21in (533mm) torpedo tubes

Penguin Class Sloop: 1938
Penguin Class Sloops operated as convoy escorts throughout the Imperial War.
Length: 300ft
Speed: 20kn
Crew: 192
Range: 7,500nmi
Armament:
3x2 3in gun
4x2 40mm Bofors guns
6x2 20mm Oerlikon Cannon
110 Depth Charges

Oceana Class Aircraft Carrier:1936
The Oceana Class was a class of aircraft carriers designed in the early 1930's for the Dothraki navy. The class was the workhorse of the Dothraki Navy through the first few critical years of the war.
By the end of the war the Oceana Class was considered obsolete and was quickly retired from service.

Length: 770ft
Speed: 37.4mph (32.5 kn)
Crew: 2,217
Armament:
8x 5in guns
4x4 40mm Bofors AA
24x 20mm Oerlikon AA
Complement: 90

Nymph Class Escort Carrier:1944
The Nymph Class escort carrier was originally a class of 3 oil tankers that was requisitioned by the Dothraki Military with the outbreak of the Imperial War and turned into escort carriers. They were used as a stop gap measure to help bolster the Dothraki Fleet until the Poseidon Class would be ready, nearly 3 years later.
Their small size prohibited them from carrying later war fighters, but by that point in the war they had been relegated to escort duties and were not seen as front line warships. They instead made their mark escorting convoys and in other secondary roles, freeing up the larger fleet carriers of the Dothraki Navy for combat roles.

Length:555ft
Speed: 22mph (19kn)
Crew: 966
Armament:
2x 5in guns
10x2 40mm Bofors AA guns
16x 20mm Oerlikon AA
Complement: 30

Poseidon Class Aircraft Carrier:1946
The Poseidon Class Carriers were meant to be the Crown Jewels of the Dothraki fleet in 1946. The class was originally designed in 1941, however because the Imperial War had not yet begun, resources were devoted towards more destroyers and cruisers because the Oceana Class carriers were not yet obsolete and 8 fleet carriers was seen as unnecessary. As a result of this delay, the class was not laid down until the end of 1943 and ready until January of 1946. Once introduced they immediately made a huge impact on the Dothrakian War effort as they nearly tripled the amount of aircraft the fleet could carry into combat.
The first major action the Poseidon Class would take part in was the invasion of Flandrian itself. There, their aircraft would play a pivotal role in destroying the remainder of the Flandrian fleet and in supporting the amphibious assault during Operation Spark.
Due to their immense size they were able to accommodate later jet fighters after a few upgrades to the superstructure in the mid 50's. They then served as the backbone of the Dothraki fleet until the early 1970s when they were phased out for the Enterprise Class nuclear powered super carrier.

Length: 975ft
Speed: 38mph (33knots)
Crew: 4,200
Armament:
20x 5in guns
20x4 40mm Bofors anti-aircraft guns
30x 20mm Oerlikon anti-aircraft guns
Complement: 130 Aircraft (72 jet aircraft 1970's)

Read dispatch

Dothrakian Military as of 1943

Navy
4 Aircraft Carriers
4 Oceana Class (Enterprise, Constellation, Sirius, Oceana)
12 Battleships
4 Warden of the North Class (Warden of the North, Duke of Manderly, Prince of Corellia, Queen of Tyra)
4 Lion Class (Lion, Snow Leopard, Cougar, Tiger)
4 Queen Class (Queen Cersei, Queen Elizabeth, Queen Anne, Queen Catelyn)
31 Cruisers
6 Invictus Class Heavy Cruisers (Invictus, Courageous, Furious, Resolute, Harbringer, Dauntless)
7 Patriot Class Cruisers
18 Town Class Cruisers
72 Destroyers
50 Nathan James Class
22 Ryan Curry Class
Sloops/Frigates
27 Penguin Class
24 Submarines
Various Auxilaries

Naval Air Arm (Including Marine aircraft)
15 Naval Fighter Squadrons (200 planes) (F6F-Blackcat)
10 Naval Scout Bomber Squadrons (200 planes) (SBD-Beast)
8 Naval Torpedo Squadrons (160 planes) (TBF-Avenging Angel)

The standard fleet strategy was to create carrier battle groups (CGB's). The average CBG consisted of a carrier, a battleship, 3-4 cruisers, and roughly a dozen destroyers. Meanwhile submarines would utilize the Wolfpack Strategy to harass enemy convoys and warships wherever possible and to strain supply lines. In some cases the Invictus Class Heavy Cruisers were also used as marauders, attacking convoys prepared for submarines, but without a heavy surface escort capable of taking on a Heavy Cruiser/Battlecruiser.

Air Force
15 Fighter Squadrons (300) (P40-Hell Hawk/P51-Stallion/P47-Thor)
10 Fighter-Bomber Squadrons (200) (P47-Thor)
5 Light Bomber Squadrons (100) (P38-Hornet)
2 Heavy Bomber squadrons (40)
1 Squadron Albatross Maritime Patrol Aircraft (20)
1 Squadron Melta Flying Boats (20)

Army
1 Airborne Division
4 Armored Divisions
35 Infantry Divisions
*Because of mandatory 2 year conscription most able bodied male population over the age of 18 will not only be usable as reserves, but already be trained for combat making reserves number in the millions.

Timeline of the War
1935: Recognizing the growing turbulence around the region Dothrakian President Arthur Grant Authorized the Mid-Century Military Initiative in 1935. This initiative was designed to ensure that Dothrakia would have a modern and efficient military by 1950. The most affected branch of the military was the navy, which scrapped old obsolete ships in exchange for newer models in order to keep the Navy streamlined. This resulted in the Navy going from obsolete to becoming a small but well equipped fighting force in under a decade. The biggest misstep was the navy (not yet realizing the importance of carriers) forgoing building more carriers, instead deciding on 2 new battleship classes as well as numerous other destroyer and cruiser classes.
The overall result of this initiative was that the Dothrakian Armed Forces, while not the large compared to the colonial powers, were overall some of the most modern in the region. For example, while many nations had nearly 20 battleships, Dothrakia only had 8, but all of them were less than 5 years old by the outbreak of war and were equipped with the newest radar and target finder technology. The drawback to this emphasis on battleships meant that many of the new "next-gen" support ship classes meant to enter service around the same time were delayed and as a result the navy had to use a large amount of early-mid 1930's warships that, while not obsolete, would sometimes struggle in the face of new highly advanced threats.
1939: Dothrakia begins the installation of new radar stations around the nation, the goal of which being to have every section of Dothrakian coastline covered by radar to prevent surprise attacks. In some cases, these new installations were also paired up with new coastal gun installations located in pivotal points.
1943: Dothrakia enters the Imperial War.

Dothrakian Military as of 1953
Navy
11 Aircraft Carriers
4 Oceana Class (Enterprise, Constellation, Sirius, Oceana)
4 Poseidon Class (Poseidon, Calypso, Proteus, Amphitrite)
3 Nymph Class Escort Carrier (Naiades, Nereides, Oceanides)
8 Battleships
4 Warden of the North Class (Warden of the North, Duke of Manderly, Prince of Corellia, Queen of Tyra)
4 Lion Class (Lion, Snow Leopard, Cougar, Tiger)
33 Cruisers
6 Invictus Class Heavy Cruisers (Invictus, Courageous, Furious, Resolute, Harbringer, Dauntless)
10 Town Class Light Cruisers
17 Minotaur Class AA Cruisers (1945)
206 Destroyers
26 Nathan James Class (1935)
81 Ryan Curry Class (1942
99 Paul Jones Class (1945)
68 Submarines
Various Auxilaries

Naval Air Arm (Including Marine aircraft)
35 Naval Fighter Squadrons (520 planes) (F6F-Blackcat) (F4U-Crusaders(1944))
20 Naval Scout Bomber Squadrons (520 planes) (A1D-Raider(1946))
8 Naval Torpedo Squadrons (160 planes) (TBF-Avenging Angel)

Air Force
40 Fighter Squadrons (800) (P51-Stallion/P47-Thor) (F86-Shooting Star(1948))
30 Fighter-Bomber Squadrons (600) (P47-Thor)
10 Light Bomber Squadrons (200) (P38-Hornet)
5 Heavy Bomber squadrons (100)
5 Squadron Albatross Maritime Patrol Aircraft (100)
5 Squadron Melta Flying Boats (100)

Army
2 Airborne Divisions
10 Armored Divisions
35 Infantry Divisions

Uniforms

Report