The United Socialist States of Dornand is a very large, genial nation, remarkable for its state-planned economy, ban on automobiles, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 154 million Dorns are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 77.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Dornish economy, worth 6.81 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Cheese Exports, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 44,207 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Cane fights are a common sight in nursing homes, religion is strictly forbidden within school grounds, debates on whether toilet seats should be left up or down are increasingly commonplace, and nude art is becoming wildly popular. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dornand's national animal is the Dornan serpent, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dornand was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Santa Torres.
- : Dornand was endorsed by The 14th Station of Delegations.
- : Dornand published "Regarding the Ministry of Foreign Affairs" (Bulletin: News).
- : Following new legislation in Dornand, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
- : Following new legislation in Dornand, debates on whether toilet seats should be left up or down are increasingly commonplace.
- : Following new legislation in Dornand, religion is strictly forbidden within school grounds.
- : Following new legislation in Dornand, cane fights are a common sight in nursing homes.
- : Following new legislation in Dornand, serial commas clarify the relationship between one's lackeys, the taxpayers, and kinsfolk.
- : Following new legislation in Dornand, old folks reminisce about the last time someone was acquitted of a crime.
- : Dornand voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Northern Borland"".
Endorsements Received: 23 » Antinios, Silverfish37, Socialist Great Picardy, Ephros, Claiomha, Super Awesome Fun Times, Dyl, Anarchocommunists of the World, Soviet Angola, Nangka, Llorens, Argentigrad, Grod Island, Lastolana, Somiens-et-Haveras, Vire Easay, Slackertown, Zaratov, Kaamapoori, Kawany, Bisht, Delegations, and Santa Torres.