|Faith||Catholic Church of Doravo|
The Imperial Confederation of Doravo is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Adrian II with an iron fist, and notable for its compulsory military service, rampant corporate plagiarism, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 2.024 billion Doravans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Administration are also considered important, while International Aid and Social Policy are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Concordia. The average income tax rate is 49.0%.
The thriving Doravan economy, worth 203 trillion Krills a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Gambling, and Trout Farming. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 100,721 Krills, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
The government snoops on private internet connections, young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables, scientists earn more grant money for reproducing old experiments than trying anything new, and mining is the nation's most dangerous occupation. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Doravo's national animal is the Imperial Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Catholic Church of Doravo.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Doravo lodged a message on the The Western Isles Regional Message Board.
- : Doravo was endorsed by The Kingdom of Nurbaria.
- : Following new legislation in Doravo, mining is the nation's most dangerous occupation.
- : Following new legislation in Doravo, scientists earn more grant money for reproducing old experiments than trying anything new.
- : Following new legislation in Doravo, young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables.
- : Doravo published "Free City of Rhodini (Wip)" (Account: Diplomacy).
- : Following new legislation in Doravo, the government snoops on private internet connections.
- : Following new legislation in Doravo, the government has begun breaking all large businesses into thousands of mom-and-pop general stores.
- : Doravo published "Iron Pact (WIP)" (Factbook: International).
- : Following new legislation in Doravo, there's a bright dawn ahead for Doravo.