The Republic of Domains is a colossal, genial nation, renowned for its keen interest in outer space, daily referendums, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.104 billion Domainsians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Styx. The average income tax rate is 76.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Domainsian economy, worth 359 trillion glints a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 70,366 glints, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Owning a really cute pet is grounds for immediate investigation, small towns have started burning historical buildings in hopes of attracting tourists, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, and the new national campaign exhorts men to "Show Some Class - Don't Sit On Your Ass". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Domains's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Domains's influence in Void fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- : Domains was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Domains's influence in Void fell from "Hegemony" to "Dominator".
- : Domains's influence in Void fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- : Domains's influence in Void rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Domains voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Rights of the employed".
- : Domains was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Domains applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Domains changed its national motto to "----".
- : Domains altered its national flag.
Endorsements Received: None.