|Capital||Endless depths of despair|
The Sad excuse of Doknesia is a huge, orderly nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, ban on automobiles, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 726 million Doknesians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Administration, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Endless depths of despair. The average income tax rate is 65.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Doknesian economy, worth 49.8 trillion Ploppers a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Pizza Delivery. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 68,544 Ploppers, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The wearing and manufacture of fur apparel is banned, violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner, baby boys who pick up pink crayons are sent to a psychiatric ward, and artists attempt to convince the Hardship Fund that their unmade bed is a masterpiece. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Doknesia's national animal is the Frog, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Doknesia's influence in Shinka rose from "Zero" to "Apprentice".
- : Doknesia relocated from The South Pacific to Shinka.
- : Doknesia relocated from The North Pacific to The South Pacific.
- : Doknesia relocated from The Writing Nook to The North Pacific.
- : Doknesia's influence in The Writing Nook rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Doknesia's influence in The Writing Nook rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Doknesia's influence in The Writing Nook rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Doknesia resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Doknesia's influence in The Writing Nook rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Doknesia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.