|Leader||President Juji Okinawa|
The Empire of Diwi is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Juji Okinawa with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, ubiquitous missile silos, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 7.646 billion Diwians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dili. The average income tax rate is 33.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Diwinese economy, worth 388 trillion Yen a year, is quite specialized and led by the Pizza Delivery industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Woodchip Exports, and Trout Farming. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 50,829 Yen, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
In a fit of passion President Juji Okinawa has shredded thirty years' worth of petitions, tourists often cite 'hiding money in an off-shore banking account' as their main reason to visit the nation, President Juji Okinawa has just been declared ruler of Diwi in an international press conference, and the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, probably because of the absence of a police force. Diwi's national animal is the Scorpion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Diwi's influence in Commonwealth of Liberty rose from "Nipper" to "Handshaker".
- : Diwi was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Diwi relocated from Osiris to Commonwealth of Liberty.
- : Diwi was refounded in Osiris.
- : Diwi ceased to exist in Commonwealth of Liberty.
- : Diwi was endorsed by The United Balkan Republic's of Havenburghe.
- : Diwi was endorsed by The Republic of Zamdrieak.
- : Diwi was endorsed by The Allied States of Universitatis.
- : Diwi was endorsed by The The First Republic of Iran of Paseo.
- : Diwi published "2021 CoL Presidential Run" (Account: Other).