|Leader||President Juji Okinawa|
The Empire of Diwi is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Juji Okinawa with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, triple-decker prams, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 5.965 billion Diwians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dili. The average income tax rate is 14.7%.
The thriving Diwinese economy, worth 381 trillion Yen a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Pizza Delivery, Trout Farming, and Soda Sales. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 63,889 Yen, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
In a fit of passion President Juji Okinawa has shredded thirty years' worth of petitions, tourists often cite 'hiding money in an off-shore banking account' as their main reason to visit the nation, President Juji Okinawa has just been declared ruler of Diwi in an international press conference, and the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Diwi's national animal is the Scorpion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Diwi was endorsed by The People's Republic of Nagora.
- : Diwi lodged a message on the Commonwealth of Liberty Regional Message Board.
- : Diwi voted against the World Assembly Resolution "GMO International Trade Accord".
- : Diwi was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Jgorka.
- : Diwi voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Public Access to Court Records".
- : Diwi voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Noahs Second Country".
- : Diwi voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Wallenburg".
- : Diwi was endorsed by The Republic of Drennicka.
- : Diwi voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Wartime Journalism Protection Act"".
- : Diwi was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Plymouthia.
Endorsements Received: 18 » Philanialle, Paramountica, Nileia, Nosautempopulus, Cascadla, Canovia, Speyland, Agrariah, The New Palaces, Somerania, Metropolitan Francais, Karuk, Crazybloxian Empire, Takamia, Bulgarian Romanian Republic, Bauscland, Jgorka, and Nagora.