The Empire of District 115 is a massive, orderly nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, sprawling nuclear power plants, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 2.29 billion District 115ians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The tiny, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Social Policy and International Aid are ignored. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 2.0%.
The frighteningly efficient District 115ian economy, worth 468 trillion Units a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Retail. Average income is an amazing 204,715 Units, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 690,526 per year while the poor average 44,926, a ratio of 15.4 to 1.
Schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes, remote-control hang-gliding scarecrows patrol the skies to keep songbirds from leaving the nation's borders, loans are available for students from poor families, and the government is known to care more about its buildings than its people. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. District 115's national animal is the Honey Badger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in District 115, the government is known to care more about its buildings than its people.
- : Following new legislation in District 115, loans are available for students from poor families.
- : Following new legislation in District 115, remote-control hang-gliding scarecrows patrol the skies to keep songbirds from leaving the nation's borders.
- : Following new legislation in District 115, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes.
- : Following new legislation in District 115, citizens are abandoning their homes en masse in a widespread panic over asbestos.
- : Following new legislation in District 115, no-one can foil the ambitions of Big Aluminium.
- : Following new legislation in District 115, corporations donate huge sums of money to favored politicians.
- : Following new legislation in District 115, Leader has incinerated the international climate treaty in a public coal burning ceremony.
- : District 115 was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Compulsory Consumerist State".
- : Following new legislation in District 115, even the nation's brussel sprouts are delicious and nutritious.
Endorsements Received: 98 » Sunto, Tuand Seton, Siwale, Imperial Pene Rounitrang, Sil Dorsett, Unimaginable Doom, Great Bights Mum, Empy, Notyoutopia, Yaorozu, American MapleStory, Reannia, Holy Oranz, Sankami, The Democratic Republic of Tomb, Religioncord, Xentherida, Shadowrik, Guslantis, Frances Francis the First of France, Kingdom of Space, Wineclaw, Upper Portlandia, Enosville, Wisconsota, Elspeth and Samina, Ovsterland, Vazali, Selfgradatude, Hoiya, Kaschovia, Vegetarian States, Vantaria, Malta Comino Gozo, Panama Coalition, Lord Ravenclaw, BouncyAbbeyKitty, Alice Gardens, Valdr, Apetopia, Upper Sam Dodovi, Empire of the Dark Lords of the Sith, Southern Stroraia, Omicron Persei V111, Arcadia of Kasterborous, HMS Unicorn, Morrn, The Rossinite Empire, Pallaith, Northern Gala Arment Toustavo, and 48 others.PlanetPunk, Colony of lasting Hopes, Gnate, Kwaj, Coemgen, ABC, Xinchao, Laynekraine, General COE, Moristia, Noe-Classic Peoples, Cato Minoria, Chinstralia, Vszeklina, Bharathvarsh, Friently, Get Away From Me, Hong Kong Empire, Jenner-Kardash, South Grand Mountain, Lupus Imperium, Lavanania, Shin-Hachioji, Faxfleet, Koda-Land, Cleoskye, Sheppey, Victoriaans Nederlands, Diodone, Kelvaros Prime, Necromonia, Lamexanope, Anima Proxa, Rylam, Che Sana Und, Kizja, Dadastan Archipelago, Halcon siveriano, Zedeya, McMasterdonia, Sanjurika, Forunte, Yukti, Marsh Castle, Plembobria, Maestros haven, Zemnaya Svoboda, and Prevaland.