The Republic of Direwolf1 is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, ban on automobiles, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 873 million Direwolf1ians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 68.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Direwolf1ian economy, worth 80.9 trillion euros a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 92,722 euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
For the sake of 'public interest' news programs tell viewers how to home-make Sarin gas bombs, there is a heavy social stigma attached to e-cigarettes, Direwolf1 has been recently classified as an international menace after 'liberating' several nearby territories, and factories grind to a halt every time there is an election. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Direwolf1's national animal is the Direwolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Direwolf1, factories grind to a halt every time there is an election.
- : Direwolf1 endorsed The Grand Duchy of Upper Tyrconnel.
- : Following new legislation in Direwolf1, Direwolf1 has been recently classified as an international menace after 'liberating' several nearby territories.
- : Direwolf1 was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Upper Tyrconnel.
- : Following new legislation in Direwolf1, there is a heavy social stigma attached to e-cigarettes.
- : Direwolf1 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens and Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Following new legislation in Direwolf1, for the sake of 'public interest' news programs tell viewers how to home-make Sarin gas bombs.
- : Following new legislation in Direwolf1, footballers are doing aerobics in the sauna to build their hot weather endurance.
- : Following new legislation in Direwolf1, social media sites prompt users to send birthday greetings to unresponsive nonagenarians.
- : Following new legislation in Direwolf1, soldiers are equipped with multi-million euro battlesuits.
Endorsements Received: 92 » USNE2018, Erinor, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Luddinlande, Tsunamy, United States of Vietnam, Hanguk-Nippon, Volaworand, Aidenfieeld, Beepee, Awjan, Aguatania, Aumeltopia, Anachronolandia, Tsvetania, Sandaoguo, Nova Montron, Holy Chimerland, Theorin, Kiasu-ism, Outer Utonixick Gollinican, The United Expanse, The Solar System Scope, Bear Connors Paradiso, The naked people, Pamela And Hepatitis, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, Ufask, Southern Numenor, Soem, Sagada, Rebel-topia, Curlyhoward, The Two Jerseys, Ancient Slobovia, Atomic Garden, Xandev, Drystar, Darakin, Seliyan progressive Islands, Herbert Island, Prefesia, Calistan, Galaxy Federation, Caasd, Japanese Federal Republic, Quiescent, Linden Oak, Vincent Field, Nothanksbutseriously, and 42 others.Bergenu, Uncastania, HUElavia, Cypheri, Grouu, Kholdan, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Jaxon, Auphelia, Sedunn, Kroumos, Crystal Creation, Midand, Mikole, Jehenna, Aywhyou, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Qvait, Transtemporal Shifts, Whimichy, Uncomfortable nooks and crannies, Farengeto, Birdkeeper, Nankyoku Tairiku, Maletora, Jahass, Wehraboos, The Filippinas, Academy of Umbrellas, The Dragon Enclave, Akindom, Staubsaugen, Ostanasia, Ariankido, Dasko, Nowa Europa, Churumduul, Agalaesia, Federated Kingdoms of Brittania, Chocholand, Slenrotros, and Upper Tyrconnel.