The Independent Republic of Diahn is a huge, cultured nation, remarkable for its smutty television, ubiquitous missile silos, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 594 million Diahnians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jaenara. The average income tax rate is 72.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Diahnian economy, worth 49.5 trillion Diahnian dollars a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Book Publishing. Average income is 83,265 Diahnian dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The only record being broken at sporting events is the highest death toll, gossip magazines have been replaced by mask catalogs, Diahnians seem to be catching more chills, and the government has declared its commitment to multilateralism. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Diahn's national animal is the cow, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Diahn, the government has declared its commitment to multilateralism.
- : Following new legislation in Diahn, Diahnians seem to be catching more chills.
- : Following new legislation in Diahn, gossip magazines have been replaced by mask catalogs.
- : Following new legislation in Diahn, the only record being broken at sporting events is the highest death toll.
- : Diahn voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Syria".
- : Diahn endorsed The Federation of Recon Island.
- : Diahn was endorsed by The Federation of Recon Island.
- : Following new legislation in Diahn, Diahnians incessantly needle their doctors for relief.
- : Following new legislation in Diahn, elementary school students are required to master Bach's Chaconne in D before graduation.
- : Following new legislation in Diahn, most citizens in Diahn are abject pyrophobes after extremely graphic pamphlets were mailed nationwide by the government.
Endorsements Received: 28 » Krystalveil, Wysrod, The Soylent Green Party, Dustwind, Evertopia, Ignis Cinere, Luncyggie, Empire of Red, Anisopterra, Kachikawawa, Waitiki, Valentian Elysium, Alleida, The Pizza, Tamsalin, Liberdon, The Republic of Osea, Tzo, Bortheria, Point Comfort Colony, Drewish, Serbianistan, Solsevara, Marxist Germany, Namakan, HumanSanity, Makykay, and Recon Island.