The Democratic Federation of Devone is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Sahdev Kapasiya with an even hand, and notable for its daily referendums, smutty television, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate population of 1.224 billion Devonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Listeg. The average income tax rate is 35.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Devonian economy, worth 91.2 trillion Dims a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 74,508 Dims, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Gossip magazines have pictures of Sahdev Kapasiya sunbathing on the beach with political rivals, artists are pillars of society, road signs are getting harder to read under layers of knitted woolen cardigans, and nature magazines featuring stick insects on their covers are sometimes mistaken for fashion magazines. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Devone's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Devone, nature magazines featuring stick insects on their covers are sometimes mistaken for fashion magazines.
- : Following new legislation in Devone, road signs are getting harder to read under layers of knitted woolen cardigans.
- : Following new legislation in Devone, artists are pillars of society.
- : Following new legislation in Devone, gossip magazines have pictures of Sahdev Kapasiya sunbathing on the beach with political rivals.
- : Following new legislation in Devone, the nation's leader is normally just referred to as "snuggle-wuggle-huggy-bear".
- : Devone was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Devone was endorsed by The Chinese Liang Dynasty of Kamchakta.
- : Devone was endorsed by The Islamic Aristocracy of Urukian.
- : Devone voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Blood Donation Safety and Equality Act".
- : Following new legislation in Devone, it turns out that you actually can put a price on intangible cultural heritage.