The United Socialist States of Determistan is a huge, safe nation, notable for its ban on automobiles, daily referendums, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 772 million Determistanians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Queerdim. The average income tax rate is 90.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Determistanian economy, worth 63.5 trillion Genderfluids a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. Average income is 82,259 Genderfluids, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Kindergarten teachers with ankle-bracelets are closely supervised by their parole officers, all the playground's a stage for Determistanian schoolchildren, a blood-red mark on the doorframe means a building must be passed over for destruction, and young girls and senior citizens alike can be spotted wearing colourful short shorts. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Determistan's national animal is the Rainbow Boa, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Determistan, young girls and senior citizens alike can be spotted wearing colourful short shorts.
- : Following new legislation in Determistan, a blood-red mark on the doorframe means a building must be passed over for destruction.
- : Following new legislation in Determistan, all the playground's a stage for Determistanian schoolchildren.
- : Following new legislation in Determistan, kindergarten teachers with ankle-bracelets are closely supervised by their parole officers.
- : Following new legislation in Determistan, the government has adopted a "Lightning Never Strikes Twice" approach to dealing with natural disasters.
- : Determistan endorsed The Egalitarian Democracy of Democratic Republic of Cacusia.
- : Determistan endorsed The Commonwealth of Westerlies.
- : Determistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Syria".
- : Determistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Pedagogical Freedom".
- : Determistan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
Endorsements Received: 21 » Qingling, Proxmire, Ezechard, Venovica, Liossalde, Maupedonia, Talamia, Mauvemarke, New Viles, Silabar, Siriza, Varavano, Small Potato, AtlasBarfed, Oh my god it is so hard to find a name, Upper Chult, Waitomo District, Rampant Fae, Dekks, Westerlies, and Democratic Republic of Cacusia.