The Republic of Despatito is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its absence of drug laws and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-working, democratic population of 638 million Despatitoans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Defense, and Welfare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.4%.
The strong Despatitoan economy, worth 34.4 trillion tacoes a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Gambling, and Retail. Average income is 53,896 tacoes, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 347,370 per year while the poor average 3,378, a ratio of 102 to 1.
Crime is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Despatito's national animal is the parrot.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Despatito's influence in Shinka rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Despatito's influence in Shinka rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Despatito was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Despatito's influence in Shinka rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Despatito's influence in Shinka rose from "Zero" to "Page".
- : Despatito was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden and the Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Despatito relocated from The South Pacific to Shinka.
- : Despatito relocated from The East Pacific to The South Pacific.
- : Despatito relocated from Anglova to The East Pacific.
- : Despatito resigned from the World Assembly.