|Leader||Gaius Lucanus Aurelius|
The Res Publica Romana of Desmosthenes and Burke is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Gaius Lucanus Aurelius with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, compulsory military service, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 5.92 billion Burkeans are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lutetia. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 12.1%.
The thriving Burkean economy, worth 662 trillion Denarii a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 111,954 Denarii, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 400,523 per year while the poor average 22,465, a ratio of 17.8 to 1.
Students do more community service than homework, dubiously qualified Skandilundian barristers keep referring to laws as 'government guidelines', older ladies are inundated with offers to help them cross the road, and school teachers check the staff room for hidden webcams before complaining about rebellious students. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Desmosthenes and Burke's national animal is the Grey Wolf, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Religio Romanum.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Desmosthenes and Burke endorsed The Allied States of Dankinsted.
- : Desmosthenes and Burke was endorsed by The Allied States of Dankinsted.
- : Desmosthenes and Burke voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Desmosthenes and Burke voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Desmosthenes and Burke voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Arbitration Act".
- : Desmosthenes and Burke lodged a message on the The West Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Desmosthenes and Burke voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Standards On Police Accountability".
- : Desmosthenes and Burke voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Salaxalans".
- : Desmosthenes and Burke endorsed The Federal Republic of Volkason.
- : Desmosthenes and Burke was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Volkason.
Endorsements Received: 48 » The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, Wickedly evil people, Dalimbar, The Undivided, WyEast, Papercuts and Skittles, Bran Astor, Grandi Fiori, Recuecn, Liberillia, Pandaland II, Fielure, Big Bad Badger, Divina Patriae, The Unified Missourtama States, Greynne, Dilber, Arnic, Fujai, The United Republic of Westend, Akshireuya, United States of Northern America, Wyndward, Cro Magnon, Fuentana, Probablynotverygoodistan, Kiensu, Mirchusko, Nieubasria, Pi Island, Arracrania, IndyCar Racing, Eienn, Plankstein, Hiems, Troodan, Mediobogdum, Calingfara, Holmani, Anuubis, Shaktirajya, Quevilis, Zoran, Rikanhimel, Fallen Iron Duke, Westwind, Volkason, and Dankinsted.