The Autocracy of Desibia is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by David Rodrenez with an iron fist, and remarkable for its teetotalling pirates, frequent executions, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 1.66 billion Desibians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vialusa. The average income tax rate is 56.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Desibian economy, worth 165 trillion dollars a year, is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Information Technology, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is 99,912 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Search and rescue forces now accept cheques and all major credit cards, the nation's student exchange programs are something of a one way street, returning vacationers often find that their property is now a construction site, and companies have begun running campaigns to stop people from remembering their brand name. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Desibia's national animal is the coyote, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities, and its national religion is Catholic Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Desibia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Patriotic.
- : Desibia was endorsed by The Celtic Confederacy of Hallorland.
- : Following new legislation in Desibia, companies have begun running campaigns to stop people from remembering their brand name.
- : Following new legislation in Desibia, returning vacationers often find that their property is now a construction site.
- : Following new legislation in Desibia, the nation's student exchange programs are something of a one way street.
- : Desibia endorsed The Constitutional Monarchy of Elania Kingdom.
- : Desibia endorsed The Supreme Christmas Lands of Lord Sapre.
- : Desibia endorsed The Keisririik of Estonesia.
- : Desibia was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Elania Kingdom.
- : Desibia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
Endorsements Received: 76 » Elisabethshagen, The Kingdom of Denmark, Ausvelt, Someseni, Invernessia, Jim the Baptist, Northern German Federation, GanymedEuropa, Saint Domingo, Republic of Satherland, Yahlia, Leranditale, Outer Sparta, The Champions League, North of Americas, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Savinecross, Thracia Republic, Walfo, Canovium, Irminsulia, St Scarlett, Imperium Anglorum, Dark Matter, Shaor, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Pilipinas and Malaya, Destyntine, The New Nordic Union, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, The Seven Provinces, Regnum Italiae, An Clar, Abject Ludicrosity, Nardin, Jahass, Prussian-Union, Dalmannia, Lyallpur, Chronus, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Meropis, Rivierenland, Crestphalia, The New Mexican Confederation, Mallesia, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Trixeland, Kanokla, Estellan, and 26 others.Kyrica, Anskerdank, Eski, Apabeossie, Eco-Paris Reformation, Mynox, Asparagusia, Enway, Othenhiem, Nuevo Europa, Zulrich, Gliesetonia, Maalat, Stromia, Anglo-Francios, Feldorf, New Eestiball, Integria, Powiat Miechowski, Parliamentary Laramidia, Berlin and Hanover, Robbonia, Estonesia, Lord Sapre, Elania Kingdom, and Hallorland.