The Federal Autocracy of Desibia is a huge, orderly nation, ruled by David Rodrenez with an iron fist, and renowned for its teetotalling pirates, otherworldly petting zoo, and hatred of cheese. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 976 million Desibians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vialusa. The average income tax rate is 47.1%.
The all-consuming Desibian economy, worth 89.5 trillion dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Gambling, and Information Technology. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is 91,702 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
Freighter lifeboats have been replaced by state of the art marker buoys so divers can recover the cargo after they sink, parents must choose their children's names from a government-mandated master list, former bars are desperately trying to re-brand themselves as cafés, and rumours have it that a secret police is responsible for the recent spate of missing persons. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Desibia's national animal is the coyote, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Desibia was endorsed by The Federation of The States of Texas and Arkansas.
- : Following new legislation in Desibia, rumours have it that a secret police is responsible for the recent spate of missing persons.
- : Desibia endorsed The Federation of Uropian States.
- : Following new legislation in Desibia, former bars are desperately trying to re-brand themselves as cafés.
- : Desibia was endorsed by The Federation of Uropian States.
- : Desibia was endorsed by The Beautiful Kingdom of Renway.
- : Desibia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Conservative and Most Devout.
- : Desibia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Death Penalty Ban"".
- : Desibia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Northern Borland".
- : Following new legislation in Desibia, parents must choose their children's names from a government-mandated master list.
Endorsements Received: 62 » Elisabethshagen, The Kingdom of Denmark, Ausvelt, Someseni, Invernessia, Jim the Baptist, Northern German Federation, GanymedEuropa, Saint Domingo, Republic of Satherland, Yahlia, Leranditale, Outer Sparta, The Champions League, North of Americas, Stromia, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Savinecross, Thracia Republic, Walfo, Canovium, Irminsulia, St Scarlett, Imperium Anglorum, Dark Matter, Shaor, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Pilipinas and Malaya, Destyntine, The New Nordic Union, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, The Seven Provinces, Regnum Italiae, Socialist Balkans, An Clar, Abject Ludicrosity, Nardin, Jahass, Mons Graupius, Sukitopia, Vieternozsk, Prussian-Union, Dalmannia, Lodhs beard, Lyallpur, Chronus, Lundelbell, Imperium Latine, Othenhiem, The Reunited Yugoslavs, and 12 others.Meropis, Rivierenland, Crestphalia, The New Mexican Confederation, Bulgayria, Drew Durrnil, Mallesia, Dizgovzy, Pavaludia, United Engiresco, Uropian States, and The States of Texas and Arkansas.