The Autocracy of Desibia is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by David Rodrenez with an iron fist, and remarkable for its closed borders, free-roaming dinosaurs, and prohibition of alcohol. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 2.42 billion Desibians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vialusa. The average income tax rate is 69.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Desibian economy, worth 262 trillion dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 108,627 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
Skateboarding is punishable by heavy fines, surveillance cameras are banned, sleeping on the job is recommended, and invasive drug testing is now performed at elementary school sports days. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Desibia's national animal is the coyote, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Catholic Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Desibia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Following new legislation in Desibia, invasive drug testing is now performed at elementary school sports days.
- : Following new legislation in Desibia, sleeping on the job is recommended.
- : Following new legislation in Desibia, surveillance cameras are banned.
- : Following new legislation in Desibia, skateboarding is punishable by heavy fines.
- : Following new legislation in Desibia, greenhouses are regularly raided by the police.
- : Following new legislation in Desibia, David Rodrenez is too busy listening to praise to get any work done.
- : Following new legislation in Desibia, citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering'.
- : Following new legislation in Desibia, young and brooding teens are welcomed with open arms to the Dogwarts School of Strangeness and Sorcery.
- : Following new legislation in Desibia, the only record being broken at sporting events is the highest death toll.
Endorsements Received: 85 » Elisabethshagen, The Kingdom of Denmark, Ausvelt, Someseni, Invernessia, Jim the Baptist, Northern German Federation, GanymedEuropa, Saint Domingo, Republic of Satherland, Yahlia, Leranditale, Outer Sparta, The Champions League, North of Americas, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Savinecross, Thracia Republic, Walfo, Canovium, Irminsulia, St Scarlett, Imperium Anglorum, Dark Matter, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Pilipinas and Malaya, Destyntine, The New Nordic Union, The Seven Provinces, Regnum Italiae, An Clar, Abject Ludicrosity, Nardin, Jahass, Dalmannia, Lyallpur, Chronus, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Meropis, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Trixeland, Kanokla, Estellan, Kyrica, Apabeossie, Eco-Paris Reformation, Mynox, Asparagusia, Enway, Othenhiem, and 35 others.Nuevo Europa, Zulrich, Gliesetonia, Maalat, Stromia, Anglo-Francios, Feldorf, New Eestiball, Parliamentary Laramidia, Robbonia, Estonesia, Lord Sapre, Elania Kingdom, Trisikistan, Khuravia, Brittany Normandy Aquitaine, Thracia and Crimea, East Kirea, Valtrona, A3161, The Scandinavian Realm, Eppur, Gutarike, Hulldom, Freyana, Europe a Nation, Nomaida, Warzakie, Malgdonia, Deftern, Slavorussia, Soloryzk, Fanadia, Noristoniaka, and Gorgano.