The Republic of Dereistic is a massive, safe nation, remarkable for its national health service, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.204 billion Dereisticians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large government prioritizes Education, with Welfare, Healthcare, and Environment also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hockley. The average income tax rate is 79.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Dereistician economy, worth 260 trillion dollars a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 118,139 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
There's a lot of hot air coming from the Capitol Building, smoking is banned in public areas, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, and elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates. Crime is totally unknown. Dereistic's national animal is the turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Dereistic, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates.
- : Following new legislation in Dereistic, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
- : Following new legislation in Dereistic, smoking is banned in public areas.
- : Following new legislation in Dereistic, there's a lot of hot air coming from the Capitol Building.
- : Following new legislation in Dereistic, Dereistic's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region.
- : Dereistic was endorsed by The People's Republic of Ostanasia.
- : Dereistic was endorsed by The Federal Republic of The Pacific Ocean Islands.
- : Dereistic was endorsed by The Republic of Great Africans.
- : Following new legislation in Dereistic, politicians accost strangers in the street to ask their problems.
- : Following new legislation in Dereistic, breast milk is being redistributed from each according to their ability to each according to their need.
Endorsements Received: 59 » Erinor, Saciu, Volaworand, Quiescent, Anachronolandia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Kroumos, Land Without Shrimp, Concrete Slab, Midand, Wehraboos, Aidenfieeld, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Awjan, Academy of Umbrellas, Linguiniland, Barabarom, Jahass, Federated Kingdoms of Brittania, Whimichy, Luddinlande, North Catimestistrianes, Aumeltopia, The Filippinas, Xandev, Wyatonians, Akindom, United States of Vietnam, Farengeto, Jehenna, Dasko, Churumduul, Sesteran, State of Iowa, Seliyan progressive Islands, Shadow-Land, Asdfghuiop, Unidum, Republic Clovakh, Chocholand, Tsunamy, Curlyhoward, Kiasu-ism, Soem, Doomen, Ancient Slobovia, The Solar System Scope, The Two Jerseys, Agalaesia, and 9 others.Mew Nation, Qawe, Roavin, Amerion, Wild Space, Kringalia, Great Africans, The Pacific Ocean Islands, and Ostanasia.