|Leader||Cutupa Rato Rucas|
The United Socialist States of Depro is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Cutupa Rato Rucas with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and ban on automobiles. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 1.683 billion Rudadepros are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Casvo Rossio. The average income tax rate is 91.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Deproan economy, worth 107 trillion vufors a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming and Book Publishing. Average income is 63,894 vufors, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Burning twigs to keep warm while lost in the wild is now a felony, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, nothing gets the party jumping like Cutupa Rato Rucas specifying how high, and banning party poppers has been a real party pooper. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Depro's national animal is the fenpus, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Depro was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- : Depro voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Roavin".
- : Following new legislation in Depro, banning party poppers has been a real party pooper.
- : Following new legislation in Depro, nothing gets the party jumping like Cutupa Rato Rucas specifying how high.
- : Following new legislation in Depro, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- : Following new legislation in Depro, burning twigs to keep warm while lost in the wild is now a felony.
- : Following new legislation in Depro, tourists are forbidden to enter Native Deproan lands.
- : Depro endorsed The Democratic States of Ezmwalia.
- : Depro was endorsed by The Democratic States of Ezmwalia.
- : Depro voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Gay Panic defense Ban".
Endorsements Received: 46 » Llorens, Buttia, Nangka, Nepacton Murt, Antinios, Ephros, Transcommunist Republics, Dyl, Picuros, Martilliopen, Sorwickshire, Rorlenland, Sincadenas, Slackertown, Loudon, Silverfish37, New Russsia, Fizzopolis, Aetsveld-Aalstad, Grod Island, Ghillemear, Kawany, Sylvlakia, New Volica, Soviet Catgirls, New Arkados, Super Awesome Fun Times, Chapolia Zranzia, Argentigrad, Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka, Kaamapoori, Old Corus, Anioniotopia, Vilouki, Asturies-Llion, Socialist Great Picardy, Agatep, Claiomha, Soviet Angola, Lastolana, Somiens-et-Haveras, Bisht, Delegations, Anarchocommunists of the World, Helionyx, and Ezmwalia.