The Dictatorship of Depressed Nation is a huge, genial nation, remarkable for its daily referendums, ban on automobiles, and compulsory military service. The compassionate, democratic population of 240 million Depressed Nationians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Administration, and Education. The average income tax rate is 50.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Depressed Nationian economy, worth 12.1 trillion Bits a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Cheese Exports, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 50,513 Bits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Hand-to-hand combat experience is udderly essential for all dairy ranchers, every politician claims to be at least 1% Native Depressed Nationian, citizens with artificial limbs are forbidden to serve as beauty pageant judges, and tech-mad citizens think that the laser-powered bread-slicer uPhone App is the coolest thing since sliced bread. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Depressed Nation's national animal is the Money, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Depressed Nation, tech-mad citizens think that the laser-powered bread-slicer uPhone App is the coolest thing since sliced bread.
- : Following new legislation in Depressed Nation, citizens with artificial limbs are forbidden to serve as beauty pageant judges.
- : Following new legislation in Depressed Nation, every politician claims to be at least 1% Native Depressed Nationian.
- : Depressed Nation endorsed The Rosy Haven of Playing Pianos Filled With Flames.
- : Depressed Nation endorsed The Republic of Herbert Island.
- : Depressed Nation endorsed The Ruler of Voids of Doge Land.
- : Depressed Nation endorsed The Commonwealth of The Langburn Islands.
- : Depressed Nation voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting the Rights of Labour Unions".
- : Following new legislation in Depressed Nation, hand-to-hand combat experience is udderly essential for all dairy ranchers.
- : Following new legislation in Depressed Nation, evenings at university debating societies often end with everyone acknowledging both sides may well be right.
Endorsements Received: 62 » Corgitopiaa, Holota, Purple Hyacinth, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Amerion, Marinho Islands, Qvait, Beepee, Aidenfieeld, Concrete Slab, Tepertopia, Land Without Shrimp, Belschaft, Nowa Europa, Bichedder, Treir, Bleakfoot, Canmore, Shuckle Empire, Wehraboos, Conexia, Scu Greinne, Bawkie, PenguinPies, Eskvenn, Tsunamy, LadyRebels, Yeses, Bohenia, Blondiesland, WI SD EA D, El-Sallia, Erinor, Aumeltopia, Farengeto, Rebel-topia, Holy Free, NIGHTRAY, Eternal Memedom, Libedistan, Westenhald, Ipugao, Sedunn, New Belgrade, Kiasu-ism, Direwolf1, USNE2018, Tughampton, Seliyan progressive Islands, Jehenna, and 12 others.Gonrati, Volaworand, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Dai Han, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, The United Australian States, Nova Kobol, Ebonhand, The Langburn Islands, Playing Pianos Filled With Flames, Herbert Island, and Doge Land.