The Dictatorship of Depressed Nation is a massive, efficient nation, notable for its frequent executions, ban on automobiles, and disturbing lack of elderly people. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 3.132 billion Depressed Nationians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Depressed Kids. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 74.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Depressed Nationian economy, worth 552 trillion Bits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, fairly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Tourism, and Cheese Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 176,545 Bits, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 603,621 per year while the poor average 37,963, a ratio of 15.9 to 1.
Romantic sunsets are no longer interrupted by explosions and monstrous roars, the people consider response to rudeness to be an acceptable casus belli, money can't buy happiness but it can buy immunity to prosecution, and people with political aspirations study how to make balloon animals. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Depressed Nation's national animal is the Money, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Depressed Nation, people with political aspirations study how to make balloon animals.
- : Following new legislation in Depressed Nation, money can't buy happiness but it can buy immunity to prosecution.
- : Following new legislation in Depressed Nation, the people consider response to rudeness to be an acceptable casus belli.
- : Following new legislation in Depressed Nation, romantic sunsets are no longer interrupted by explosions and monstrous roars.
- : Following new legislation in Depressed Nation, the men in trenchcoats hanging around playgrounds are actually police officers.
- : Depressed Nation voted for the World Assembly Resolution "International Scientific Cooperation".
- : Following new legislation in Depressed Nation, the nation solves other countries' human rights problems with a generous dose of violence.
- : Following new legislation in Depressed Nation, frightened witnesses and seriously ill jurors wear the same handcuffs as the defendant.
- : Following new legislation in Depressed Nation, citizens with artificial limbs are forbidden to serve as beauty pageant judges.
- : Following new legislation in Depressed Nation, smoking is banned in public areas.
Endorsements Received: 136 » Corgitopiaa, Holota, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Amerion, Beepee, Aidenfieeld, Concrete Slab, Tepertopia, Land Without Shrimp, Nowa Europa, Treir, Bleakfoot, Canmore, Wehraboos, Bawkie, PenguinPies, Tsunamy, Bohenia, Blondiesland, Farengeto, Rebel-topia, Holy Free, NIGHTRAY, Westenhald, Sedunn, Kiasu-ism, USNE2018, Jehenna, Volaworand, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Ebonhand, Herbert Island, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Sandaoguo, Kaleidescooptopia, Auphelia, Beblahbleblo, New Sanet, Danily, Anatasha, Drystar, West Pastafaria, Freedoom, Saciu, Damn Frigid Wastelands, United States of Belvaria, Shefino, Yaravia, Kringalia, and 86 others.Drew Durrnil, Indolos, The naked people, Darakin, Arvan Irawer, Hanguk-Nippon, Gonrati, Immund, Cereskia 2, Ambirich, The Haughtherlands, Arscanesia, Unojo, The Akian Islands, Society of Likeminded Individuals, Achemar, Venezia Pacifica, Kanatian Percocet, GERMAN EMPIER, Malmsia, Stephastan, Valansten, Skaladoria, A Place Somewhere, Drvonia, Chernaya Zvezda, Eleuthelrium, Omalayia, Makinius, Willing Mind, Ever Testing, Erstavik, Linguiniland, Mavenu, Donat Invadia, Andrendia, Shintoese, Mom Theate, Andinla, Karimata, Aurcania, Ipugao, Blancemon, Brazilian impero2, Weryalachiressaraxiatopia, Doriander, Goom Bay, Flumenvallis, Ostavaria, Esterwood, South Pernambuco, Leimarite Empire, New American Dictatorship, Froshar, Auviantan Outh Islands, Saint Roberts, Great Lothian, Tyrantistica, Eae, Gennaretia, Shadeth, Antwerpen1, The Imperial Of Notsep, LadyRebels, Veromia, Tyflugian, Driodal, Dupanda, Taigama, Bonobiana, Rhetiaa, Petea, Eggraria, South Pacifican Kilendjj, Nouvel Empire, Sureiya, Curlyhoward, Winlah, Lile Ulie Islands, Saint Ziana, Kurdislavic Algharbistan, Evinea, MaPetiteFille, TescoPepsi, Altnavia, and Sapoe.