The Friendly Republic of Dennisov is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Siddhārtha Gautama with a fair hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 31.558 billion Dennisovians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, socially-minded government is dominated by the Department of Education, although Social Policy, Environment, and Public Transport are also considered important, while Defense and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ineptia but it is not clear why there. The average income tax rate is 98.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Dennisovian economy, worth a remarkable 7,444 trillion quixotes a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 235,890 quixotes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Members of Parliament operate under a PAYE scheme, the state considers itself the 'third parent' of every child in the nation, party affiliation is just as irrelevant as campaign promises, and tradesmen will knock 10% off their fees if customers pay cash. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Dennisov's national animal is the beardog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Buddhism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dennisov was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Dennisov was endorsed by The Gigantic Frozen Igloo of Studly Penguins.
- : Dennisov was endorsed by The Fiefdom of Forns Dampirchterom.
- : Dennisov lost the endorsement of The Wanderlust Paradise of Safj.
- : Following new legislation in Dennisov, tradesmen will knock 10% off their fees if customers pay cash.
- : Dennisov was endorsed by The Kingdom of Shemiki.
- : Dennisov was endorsed by The Federation of Sarahs-Texas.
- : Dennisov was endorsed by Sarah-ville.
- : Dennisov was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Dennisov was endorsed by Lewisville texas.