|Animal||Great Grey Owl|
The Principality of Demonos is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Lady Vera with an iron fist, and renowned for its free-roaming dinosaurs, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 5.776 billion Demons are proud of their wide-ranging civil freedoms, and those who aren't tend to be dragged off the streets by men in dark suits and hustled into cars with tinted windows.
The medium-sized, corrupt, liberal, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Education, although Administration, Healthcare, and Environment are also considered important, while International Aid is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vapula Prolex. The average income tax rate is 78.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Demonosian economy, worth a remarkable 1,513 trillion Cruxes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, fairly diversified black market in Information Technology, Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 262,065 Cruxes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation turns a blind eye to human rights abuses in its quest for athletic supremacy, the nation faces constant invasions by foreign boy bands, pausing for applause during a speech is seen as a form of censorship, and no one is quite sure what many government officials look like. Crime is totally unknown. Demonos's national animal is the Great Grey Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Luciferianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Demonos was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Food Quality.
- : Demonos's influence in Lady Vera rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Demonos's influence in Lady Vera rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Demonos's influence in Lady Vera rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Demonos's influence in Lady Vera rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Demonos was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Cultured and the Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Demonos lodged a message on the Lady Vera Regional Message Board.
- : Demonos relocated from Underworld to Lady Vera.
- : Following new legislation in Demonos, no one is quite sure what many government officials look like.
- : Following new legislation in Demonos, pausing for applause during a speech is seen as a form of censorship.
Endorsements Received: None.