The Republic of Demonetized is a small, efficient nation, notable for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 26 million Demonetizedians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The minute, pro-business government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with International Aid and Spirituality not funded at all. The average income tax rate is 6.8%.
The very strong Demonetizedian economy, worth 1.41 trillion deniers a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Automobile Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 54,382 deniers, with the richest citizens earning 5.0 times as much as the poorest.
The nation is ravaged by daily union strikes, TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas, organ donation is compulsory, and public incontinence is a growing problem amongst the nation's women. Crime is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Demonetized's national animal is the french fry, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Demonetized was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pro-Market.
- : Demonetized lodged a message on the The South Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Demonetized's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Demonetized, public incontinence is a growing problem amongst the nation's women.
- : Following new legislation in Demonetized, organ donation is compulsory.
- : Following new legislation in Demonetized, TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas.
- : Following new legislation in Demonetized, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes.
- : Demonetized was founded in The South Pacific.