The Republic of Democratie is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Douglas MacArthur with an even hand, and notable for its smutty television, compulsory military service, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-working, democratic, devout population of 4.91 billion Democratieans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Washington DC. The average income tax rate is 33.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Democratiean economy, worth 724 trillion dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 147,585 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Douglas MacArthur's media campaigns take a hiatus around exam week, Douglas MacArthur's webseries about the alleged hauntings of Washington DC generates millions of views, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms, and people seem disproportionately distraught when told a museum has a phones-off policy. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Democratie's national animal is the eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Americanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Democratie's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Democratie was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Democratie's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Following new legislation in Democratie, people seem disproportionately distraught when told a museum has a phones-off policy.
- : Democratie's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Democratie's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Democratie altered its national flag.
- : Democratie was refounded in Osiris.
- : Democratie ceased to exist in 10000 Islands.
- : Democratie was endorsed by The Republic of Lisokyo.