|Leader||Premier Zivko Brankovic|
The People's Republic of Democratic Union of Cydonia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Premier Zivko Brankovic with an even hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, anti-smoking policies, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, devout population of 14.138 billion Cydonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Belgrade. The average income tax rate is 96.4%.
The very strong Cydonian economy, worth a remarkable 1,287 trillion Cydonian Marks a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. Average income is 91,033 Cydonian Marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Ollie the Oiled Seal welcomes throngs of tourists to the newly opened Oil Oasis Water Park, rumor has it that the government was paid off by the mob to allow casinos to reopen, citizens living in underground cities have developed a healthy green glow, and the country has been 'going shopping' by annexing nearby nations for their resources. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Democratic Union of Cydonia's national animal is the Snow Camel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Democratic Union of Cydonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Democratic Union of Cydonia's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Democratic Union of Cydonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Democratic Union of Cydonia's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Democratic Union of Cydonia's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Democratic Union of Cydonia was refounded in Osiris.
- : Democratic Union of Cydonia ceased to exist in Lazarus.
- : Democratic Union of Cydonia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Democratic Union of Cydonia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Democratic Union of Cydonia altered its national flag.