|Leader||Chancellor William Lancaster|
The Commonwealth of Democratic Republic of Eiria is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Chancellor William Lancaster with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, national health service, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 3.158 billion Eirians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Geminus. The average income tax rate is 81.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Eirian economy, worth 264 trillion Lunens a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 83,695 Lunens, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens are strongly encouraged to breathe less so as to limit the carbon footprint, you need two tenors and a coloratura contralto to sing the national anthem properly, the new Refuse Hills housing development is under construction, and religious turf wars have caused frustrated police to pray for divine intervention. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Democratic Republic of Eiria's national animal is the dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Unitism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Democratic Republic of Eiria's influence in International Democratic Union rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Following new legislation in Democratic Republic of Eiria, religious turf wars have caused frustrated police to pray for divine intervention.
- : Democratic Republic of Eiria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Democratic Republic of Eiria, the new Refuse Hills housing development is under construction.
- : Democratic Republic of Eiria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Democratic Republic of Eiria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Prohibit Private Prisons"".
- : Democratic Republic of Eiria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Mikeswill".
- : Democratic Republic of Eiria was endorsed by The Gatekeeper of Abacathea.
- : Democratic Republic of Eiria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Democratic Republic of Eiria was endorsed by The United Commonwealths of Anglia-Saxia.