The State of Democratic Koyro is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Paramount Leader Ohanka Jon Bak-su with an iron fist, and remarkable for its zero percent divorce rate, frequent executions, and triple-decker prams. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 13.992 billion Koys are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ansyu. The average income tax rate is 98.6%.
The strong Democratic Koyroan economy, worth a remarkable 2,129 trillion Tokens a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, highly specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Woodchip Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 152,186 Tokens, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Claiming to have performed the Heimlich Maneuver is a popular defense for assault charges, summer science camps are regularly raided by narcotics police, the government is a law unto itself, and a proud mining community is considering a rebellion after the Capital officially renamed them 'District XII'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Democratic Koyro's national animal is the Grass Snake, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Serpent Cult.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Democratic Koyro applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Democratic Koyro's influence in Esquarium rose from "Minnow" to "Contender".
- : Democratic Koyro altered its national flag.
- : Democratic Koyro relocated from Lazarus to Esquarium.
- : Democratic Koyro was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Democratic Koyro ceased to exist in Esquarium.
- : Democratic Koyro's influence in Esquarium fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- : Democratic Koyro's influence in Esquarium fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Instigator".
- : Democratic Koyro was endorsed by The People's Republic of The Greater Bohemian Union.
- : The Non-Island Nation of Iglesian Archipelago appointed Democratic Koyro as Former Great Leader with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Esquarium.