|Currency||Official Labor Credit|
|Animal||Proletarian Bunny Rabbit|
The United Workers' Republics of Democratic East-Asia is a colossal, safe nation, remarkable for its vat-grown people, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 8.064 billion East Asian Comrades are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Beijing. The average income tax rate is 83.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The East Asian economy, worth 598 trillion Official Labor Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Woodchip Exports, and Tourism. Average income is 74,250 Official Labor Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Recent events in Dàguó have been classified 'for Leader's eyes only', Democratic East-Asia's heavy congestion charges are the bane of motorists' lives, advertisements for jobs in the sciences run in fashion magazines, and the government's official stance on religion is that it is so very silly. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Democratic East-Asia's national animal is the Proletarian Bunny Rabbit, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Marxist Leninism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Democratic East-Asia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Democratic East-Asia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Democratic East-Asia was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Democratic East-Asia ceased to exist in Balder.
- : Democratic East-Asia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest and Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Democratic East-Asia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Democratic East-Asia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs and the Top 10% for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector and Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Democratic East-Asia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Democratic East-Asia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Democratic East-Asia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending and the Top 10% for Highest Poor Incomes.