The Confederacy of Demicity is a colossal, safe nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, national health service, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.035 billion Demicityians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — prioritizes Education, with Healthcare, Environment, and Welfare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mileycity. The average income tax rate is 87.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Demicityian economy, worth 459 trillion cryants a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 76,102 cryants, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A death threat has replaced 'hello' as an official greeting in the nation, trust-fund babies line up for places in community college, asking 'does my bum look big in this?' leads to 30 hours of self-esteem classes, and ministers browse Alright! magazine for fashion tips. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Demicity's national animal is the Demitrius, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Judism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Demicity was endorsed by The Principality of Freavia.
- : Demicity was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Demicity voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Northern Borland"".
- : Demicity voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting People with Disabilities".
- : Demicity was endorsed by The Serene Land of The United Australian States.
- : Demicity voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend 1 very fast endotarter".
- : Demicity voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Right To Secure Digital Communication".
- : Demicity was endorsed by The Himalayan Field Rat Paradise of Gonrati.
- : Demicity was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Demicity was endorsed by The Great Islamic Empire of House Ahsanul.
Endorsements Received: 99 » Erinor, Asgard of Rawls, The Solar System Scope, Tsunamy, Farengeto, Kringalia, Centristvill, Sandaoguo, Darakin, Hanguk-Nippon, Escevola, Volaworand, Sedunn, Techganet, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Aidenfieeld, Drugged Monkeys, New Briantown, Aumeltopia, Beepee, Isokenzar, Cuuldere, Linguiniland, Kandorith, Land Without Shrimp, Wehraboos, Amerion, Dasko, Aurcania, Qvait, Mapico, Direwolf1, Bear Connors Paradiso, Bleakfoot, PenguinPies, Bawkie, Terran Draconia, The Filippinas, Ebonhand, West Pastafaria, Turks of The Eastern Calculus, Weryalachiressaraxiatopia, Anserisa, Holy Free, Baltenlands, Marinho Islands, Shefino, Springhollow, Compli, The Worst army of, and 49 others.Auphelia, Corgitopiaa, Laamiva, Nowa Europa, Midand, Andinla, Concrete Slab, Myness, Tepertopia, Merevane, Phanama, Purple Hyacinth, Bartonia Nova, Royaltica, Zataras, Alfama, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Rabbitz, Belschaft, Rebel-topia, Apartment 11F, WI SD EA D, Rotenaplistan, Drystar, The Imperial Frost Federation, Treir, Synarion, Wakandan Tribes, Playing Pianos Filled With Flames, Wallechi, Holota, Qawe, The Altan, Seythennia, Death to democracy, Scu Greinne, Conexia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Bichedder, Proctethia, NIGHTRAY, Libedistan, Westenhald, New Belgrade, House Ahsanul, Gonrati, The United Australian States, Ipugao, and Freavia.