|Leader||The Supreme Maharaja|
|Faith||The Cult of the Maharajah|
The Empire of Deman Kalan is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by The Supreme Maharaja with an iron fist, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, ban on automobiles, and disturbing lack of elderly people. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 2.019 billion Deman Kalanians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order and Administration are also considered important, while Welfare and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Imperium City. The average income tax rate is 92.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Deman Kalanian economy, worth 393 trillion kronor a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 194,720 kronor, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Ship captains always order a return to port at the slightest sign of rain, the military perceives nations hit by natural disasters as "easy pickings", warfare increasingly resembles a video game, and a small country is wondering where their capitol building's gold dome went. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Deman Kalan's national animal is the panther, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is The Cult of the Maharajah.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Deman Kalan, a small country is wondering where their capitol building's gold dome went.
- : Following new legislation in Deman Kalan, warfare increasingly resembles a video game.
- : Following new legislation in Deman Kalan, the military perceives nations hit by natural disasters as "easy pickings".
- : Deman Kalan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Marrabuk".
- : Deman Kalan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Microplastics".
- : Following new legislation in Deman Kalan, ship captains always order a return to port at the slightest sign of rain.
- : Deman Kalan lodged a message on the Confederation of Corrupt Dictators Regional Message Board.
- : Deman Kalan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Digital Network Defense"".
- : Following new legislation in Deman Kalan, disadvantaged neighbourhoods have become no-go areas after sundown.
- : Deman Kalan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Scardino".
Endorsements Received: 29 » ShrewLlamaLand, Exile Government of the RDFR, Depackya, The Destroyers of Christianity, Jefferson Club, Aeioux, Hellslayer, The Yeetusa, VlaRiSsiA, Panthera Order, Feuraxia, Supolinia, HMS NHS, Fetra, Jocospor, The Dixie Confederate Union, Andoros, Oigrim, Medici Empire, East Turzikstan, Trivilin, Eternal Iron, Kleptocratic Bureau of Foreign Affairs, Thorstonia, Vale Helsraetoni, Kinegiener, New Destrucion, Systemic Corruption, and Hunem.