|Capital||Ora Ra Notae|
|Leader||The Grand Demajian Council|
The Federation of Demaj is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by The Grand Demajian Council with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 16.812 billion Demajians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government is primarily concerned with Education, although Environment, Welfare, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ora Ra Notae. The average income tax rate is 65.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Demajian economy, worth a remarkable 1,519 trillion Demajian Credits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Pizza Delivery, and Tourism. Average income is 90,410 Demajian Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Students cut up leftover Demajian Credits during Arts and Crafts, The Grand Demajian Council panders to nontraditional families, a government program is underway to revitalize Demaj's beaches, and euthanasia is legal. Crime is totally unknown. Demaj's national animal is the Okapi, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is non-existent.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Demaj was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Demaj was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Demaj's influence in Aeia rose from "Nipper" to "Vassal".
- : Demaj relocated from Lazarus to Aeia.
- : Demaj was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Demaj ceased to exist in Aeia.
- : Demaj was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Demaj was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Demaj was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Demaj was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.