|Leader||General Secretary Vladimir Storozhin|
The Federal Socialist Republic of Deltaraya is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by General Secretary Vladimir Storozhin with an iron fist, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons, vat-grown people, and pith helmet sales. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 2.583 billion Deltarayans are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Education, Industry, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Environment and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vybobodny. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 92.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Deltarayan economy, worth 630 trillion Koins a year, is broadly diversified and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an amazing 244,162 Koins, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,072,286 per year while the poor average 34,957, a ratio of 30.7 to 1.
Children who can't memorize their multiplication tables are sent to the mines, neighboring nations are tired of Deltaraya's big fish stories, a firework a day does not in fact keep the doctor away, and politicians preface their speeches with a declaration that any resemblance to speeches given by individuals living or dead is purely coincidental. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Deltaraya's national animal is the Eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Deltaraya's influence in West Caspia fell from "Truckler" to "Vassal".
- : Deltaraya's influence in West Caspia rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Deltaraya's influence in West Caspia rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Deltaraya's influence in West Caspia rose from "Zero" to "Apprentice".
- : Deltaraya relocated from Balder to West Caspia.
- : Deltaraya altered its national flag.
- : Deltaraya was refounded in Balder.
- : Deltaraya ceased to exist in Lazarus.
- : Deltaraya's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Following new legislation in Deltaraya, politicians preface their speeches with a declaration that any resemblance to speeches given by individuals living or dead is purely coincidental.