The Republic of Delphiniumnia is a huge, cultured nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 791 million Delphiniumnians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Administration, and Education. The average income tax rate is 43.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Delphiniumnian economy, worth 33.8 trillion Buns a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 42,703 Buns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Charged suspects often have to wait years before the courts have room to judge their trial, the government has declared its commitment to multilateralism, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly, and organ donation is compulsory. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Delphiniumnia's national animal is the Tardigrade, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Delphiniumnia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments and Best Weather.
- : Delphiniumnia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Delphiniumnia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Digital Network Defense"".
- : Delphiniumnia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Marrabuk".
- : Following new legislation in Delphiniumnia, organ donation is compulsory.
- : Delphiniumnia was endorsed by The Exiled Immortal Empire of Oblitus Terras.
- : Delphiniumnia endorsed The Hellenic Social Democracy of Laminos.
- : Following new legislation in Delphiniumnia, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly.
- : Delphiniumnia was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : Delphiniumnia's influence in Spiritus rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
Endorsements Received: 13 » The Salaxalans, Matrixulated, Favenland, New Horensian Kingdom, The Andromachean Entente, Haremm, Mistillania, Skogatopia, Colonalia, Legendus, Belands, Laminos, and Oblitus Terras.