|Animal||Death Meadow Dragon|
The Most Serene Republic of Delight is a gargantuan, genial nation, renowned for its national health service, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 10.529 billion Delightists enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Elathuria. The average income tax rate is 91.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Delightian economy, worth 973 trillion Brass Buttons a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. Average income is 92,414 Brass Buttons, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Environmentalists are advocating slash-and-burn in the nation's forests, political talk shows often have children as guests whenever they need commentary on world religions, if there's something strange in your neighborhood you call Brancaland, and 'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Delight's national animal is the Death Meadow Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Delight, 'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song.
- : Following new legislation in Delight, if there's something strange in your neighborhood you call Brancaland.
- : Following new legislation in Delight, political talk shows often have children as guests whenever they need commentary on world religions.
- : Delight endorsed The Republic of Lux Prima.
- : Delight was endorsed by The Republic of Lux Prima.
- : Following new legislation in Delight, environmentalists are advocating slash-and-burn in the nation's forests.
- : Following new legislation in Delight, prolonged government investigations are a common revenge tactic among spurned significant others.
- : Following new legislation in Delight, increasing inclusiveness is a sign of the times.
- : Following new legislation in Delight, the carbon tax fund gladly supplies warm blankets when the poor can't pay their heating bills.
- : Delight endorsed The Queendom of Golden Motherland.
Endorsements Received: 49 » Maazalik, Emeseses, Panormia, Zerentopia, Magrinia, Super Mega Awesome, Cecilly, Yoshiterra, Zavea, Farrakhan, Masters86, Capitalist Paradise, Raj7765, Greater-Syria, Singu1arity, Arkhane, Crazy Firemen, Islamic Republic e Jariri, Sarotte, Perfect Sublime Masters, Serious Problems, The Horror Channel, Beezertopia, Novi Libertas, CLovidia, Hyponichtmallieturam, Nation of Urie, Razorback, Fragmented Spero, Kaiserreich Subreddit, Andromeda Islands, TorNaGul, FiTzGEraLdLAnD, Fauzjhia, COPPAtilism, New Anarchisticstan, Aandruzognivia, Sus Czechia, Poapoal, Foraldn, Minskiev, Provinces of North America, Tigamore, POPULICA, The Flapping Spaghetti Monster, Capitalist Angola, Arinteriswith, United Anarchists of Earth, and Lux Prima.