|Animal||Death Meadow Dragon|
The Most Serene Republic of Delight is a colossal, genial nation, renowned for its rampant corporate plagiarism, national health service, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.079 billion Delightists are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Elathuria. The average income tax rate is 81.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Delightian economy, worth 509 trillion Brass Buttons a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 83,806 Brass Buttons, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Nouveau riche farmers diligently take care of their golden calf herds, unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave, student athletes gaze forlornly at abandoned Death Meadow Dragonball fields, and sales of pregnancy testing kits are booming. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Delight's national animal is the Death Meadow Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Delight was endorsed by The Nomadic Peoples of Black Hawk Raider Refugees.
- : Delight was endorsed by The Distant Dreamer of Chimes.
- : Delight was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Inclusive and the Top 10% for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Following new legislation in Delight, sales of pregnancy testing kits are booming.
- : Following new legislation in Delight, student athletes gaze forlornly at abandoned Death Meadow Dragonball fields.
- : Delight was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Delight, unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave.
- : Following new legislation in Delight, nouveau riche farmers diligently take care of their golden calf herds.
- : Delight endorsed The Inhospitable Ski Slopes of Agalaesia.
- : Delight endorsed The Lucky holy wants easter eggs of Bormiar.
Endorsements Received: 75 » Maazalik, Dead I Jack, Emeseses, Panormia, Volsar, Zerentopia, XW5RULEZ, ThePlace, Magrinia, Aqueira, Super Mega Awesome, Florin, FiTzGEraLdLAnD, Cecilly, Yoshiterra, Zavea, Farrakhan, Thus Sprach Zarathustra, Aandruzognivia, Xyloqua, Rushkaland, Republic of edward, Greater Cesnica, Indoeuropaische Lander, Cyrtenes, Masters86, Capitalist Paradise, Euroanatolian Greece, Raj7765, Byzant, Vas Normandy, Greater-Syria, Singu1arity, Arkhane, Vasisdas, Thuringia Reich, Crazy Firemen, Islamic Republic e Jariri, Edgedgie, Aggro, Sarotte, DisregardWork, Perfect Sublime Masters, OspasiA, Collosuss, Serious Problems, Vroengard mk2, Melon feud, Goryier, Arinteriswith, and 25 others.The Pacific Caliphate, The Horror Channel, Beezertopia, Novi Libertas, Zoigai, CLovidia, Visionary Union, Cazia Minor, North Comunist Awelanius, Morover, Hyponichtmallieturam, Nation of Urie, Razorback, UT Dallas, Mundanus, Alpharoland, Hallmaak, Nakena, Fragmented Spero, Lansaka, Alsakah, Agalaesia, Bormiar, Gozira, and Black Hawk Raider Refugees.